Female 

01-03-2005, 03:55 PM
Julie my son is called Duncan
Snorri the Priest
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

01-03-2005, 04:28 PM
Originally Posted by rocky
Snorri how wonderful, i wouln't want to have to type those long names on a pedigree.
Pedigree? What's a pedigree? My two are just a pair of farm tykes, really! They got the long names just to make them feel better!

Snorri
:smt096 :smt040
jess
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-03-2005, 04:30 PM
it is the hardest thing in the world to name a dog. a name your gonna have to be able to shout out in public for the next 20 yrs or so (this is how long mine are gonna live - dont ask)

Starting with kennel club names (all registered as working dogs...for flyball,agility and obeidence)

sus contraversial Prinz - at the time Davina from big brother was saying 'con-traver-isal' all the time, and i thought it would be a funny name for a dog. everyone disagreed. the prince from the magic kingdom (film and book) was turned into a dog and they called him 'prince' i liked it. i am half german so it has the german spelling, hence the 'z'. (the sus is latin for pig, he looks like a piglet from behind, apparently!)

dingo - all that Jaz - he was 'DJ', and then 'Taz' before i got him at a year old. i didnt want to confuse him again, but wanted a fresh start for him, so we changed it to Jaz (also my mums license plate number!) as i have found out, its not a rare name at all! (dingo, latin for dingo, cos thats the first thing people say about him)

sinai pariah princess - sinai is the region of egypt whence she came, crossed with the wild pariah dogs, and she is royal looking. i called her 'sahara' for a day and no one liked it, so mum said just call her Honey, and it stuck. i wanted her latin name to mean fox, but its already taken by someone out there...
Hevvur
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-03-2005, 04:34 PM
My mum named Kingsley for me!
She'd seen a bird at someones house called Kingsley, so chose it for our dog!

Teagan - because the breeders kids had called her 'Tiger' (because of her tiger stripes), but I thought it was too feline like!
So I was trying to think of names that weren't *too* different, as she was responding to Tiger. I came up with Teagan!
Emm
Dogsey Veteran

01-03-2005, 04:40 PM
Jack ( the ripper) because he loves shredding tissues
Barney ( Rubble always in trouble) because hes always in trouble!
Jenny234
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-03-2005, 04:40 PM
well indies name comes from when we were in oz last yr and we met these kids in the outback who were being homeschooled through 'school of the air', anyway, one of the girls was called Indiana after the american state and i really liked it, so thats why my pups called Indie if it were bf's choice she would have been called Kali from his martial arts.

My other dog is called scruffy, when we picked him up he was called Tiddlytod and since i was only 14 i decided to call him scruffy

Names i like for next dogs are: Lilly, Ellie, Dillon - i did have lots of names in my head, but whatdaya know i cant remmeber any!

can i name cats names too?
We had 2 cats called Charlie and Maria who were rescues named after drugs by my parents!! Then we had Fozzie aka Foster who was named after Fosters Ice beer, Then there was Leo whom i named cos it was his starsign and i liked leo dicaprio at the time, then we had Jack and Jill not sure of reasons for their names tho
Luz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-03-2005, 04:41 PM
I gave Brodie her name for a few reasons. I used to love the programme 'The prime of Miss Jean Brodie', loved her accent. I come from Manchester originally and love the northern accents. I now live in Northumberland where the Geordies are and it sounds lovely when they say her name. Although it does sometimes sound like Broody.
Also we went to a lovely village in Scotland called Brodie to visit family that has nice memories for me.
My yoga teacher's surname is Broady and I love her, so it just had to be Brodie!
Stormey
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

01-03-2005, 04:44 PM
Storm, when we went to see him for the 1st time there was thunder, lightning and the worst rain i have seen.

Jake, was a rescue dog and we thought best not to change it.

Star, my sister chose it, it was ment to be storms name.
bellaluna
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-03-2005, 06:05 PM
When I knew for sure that I was having a dog, I started looking for names.

I kinda liked Luna, and it really suits her. Her pedigree name is Blaze.
WiggilyStump
Dogsey Senior
Female 

01-03-2005, 06:21 PM
When I bought my dog, she was the cutest thing I had ever seen so I wanted to give her a cute name. She spent days with no name cos I could'nt think of one and then one day when I was'nt thinking about names, the song "Roxanne" by sting came into my head and would'nt go away, I thought it was a nice name but to big for a little pup so I shortened it and thats how she got her name "Roxy".
Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >