Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
rich c
Almost a Veteran
Male 

06-03-2005, 10:02 AM

Funny ritual

When Jake's given a treat/chew, he lies down with it and flicks it about with his paws and mouth for a bit, before starting to eat it. Puts me in mind of the cat in Red Dwarf with his " I'm gonna eat you little fishie" song.

Anyone else seen this?
katyb
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-03-2005, 10:52 AM
No max is a greedy so and so and has to eat whatever he has got within seconds
Annestaff
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

06-03-2005, 10:56 AM
Every time Cassy has a treat she too has a little ritual. It has to be tossed in the air and chased around for a while then in to her mouth and she sets off on her curcit of the front room. She always runs the same curcuit round the room and has done it since a pup. The other just sit watching her and following her with their heads and you can see there thinking WHY!??
Hoggett
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

06-03-2005, 10:58 AM
Blackie has a very strange way of eating his treats, he will pick up what he wants, throughs it in the air, go's over to it, paws it a few times then (you won't beleive this part but it is true) snares like a cat at it, - well makes similiar type of noise and hes lips are turned up, then he'll pick it up again throw it and paw again, this goes on for about a minute then he flops down and eat it, then goes and gets another one, it looks as though he has been watching the cat kill a mouse - she used to throw it up in the air first.

If he goes to get something out of his bowl of dry food which is standing all day, instead of taking the food out of the bowl, he tips the whole bowl over, starts to nose the food back into the bowl - which he can't then picks up one peice and turns around and eats it, then goes back and takes another peice.

I have a very weird Border Collie.

Ian
rich c
Almost a Veteran
Male 

06-03-2005, 11:06 AM
Originally Posted by Hoggett
he will pick up what he wants, throughs it in the air, go's over to it, paws it a few times then (you won't beleive this part but it is true) snares like a cat at it, - well makes similiar type of noise and hes lips are turned up, then he'll pick it up again throw it and paw again, this goes on for about a minute then he flops down and eat it
Very similar!
Emm
Dogsey Veteran

06-03-2005, 11:11 AM
Barney plays with his treats like a cat as well I always put it down to him being brought up with cats - its very funny to watch
bellaluna
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-03-2005, 11:15 AM
Well it depends on the size of the treat.

A treat - to me - is a kibble sized one... That is swallowed in seconds.

But if we talk a chew, then she will take it in her mouth and go to her blanket and shake it about and throw it around for a bit before lying down to chew...
Ripsnorterthe2nd
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-03-2005, 02:39 PM
A friend of mine has a black lab who likes to dance around his chews! It's one of the funniest things I've ever seen! He takes it off you then throws it on the floor. He stands over it and throws his head backwards and forwards and then dances around it occasionally grabbing it and throwing it in the air! I remember when he was a pup I dropped a grape on the floor and he danced with it for nearly 10 minutes before deciding he didn't like grapes. I was in fits by the end of it!
No max is a greedy so and so and has to eat whatever he has got within seconds
Yeah, sounds just like Woody. Shot a hot tea bag at him the other day to see what he'd do. It was so hot that instead of spitting it out like any normal dog he swallowed it! He also like chips straight from the chip pan! Cast iron stomach, I tell ya!
amts
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-03-2005, 04:53 PM
Originally Posted by bellaluna
Well it depends on the size of the treat.

A treat - to me - is a kibble sized one... That is swallowed in seconds.

But if we talk a chew, then she will take it in her mouth and go to her blanket and shake it about and throw it around for a bit before lying down to chew...
Same here

Most treats are just eaten before you get a chance to blink
rich c
Almost a Veteran
Male 

06-03-2005, 05:43 PM
Of course, anything small enough to disappear in one crunch does!
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >