Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-04-2013, 03:19 PM
Originally Posted by Bobble View Post
I too find Henry the best, I have tried Dysons had 2, but found they got blocked up with dog hair and the Henry is much better on the stone flags.

I now have a VAX upright carpet washer too, which is a godsend and so easy to use and it drags alot of the water back out of the carpet, so dries quickly. It doesn't do other surfaces very effectively though, so its still mop and bucket for the kitchen etc!
Don't have any carpets and price (coz I detest spending lots of money on domestic articles) makes Henry a winner for me too. You can pick newest models up for around 100. I've only ever replaced to get a newer model. My youngest son is still using the one I bought in the 80s.

I also have an AEG Ergorapido for everyday whisking around. Cost more than Henry but is lightweight and powerful with a good swivel head and goes flat to get under things. You can take the brains off the long wand and use it as a hand held too. It sits on its own charging base.

I am trying to imagine Bella's reaction to a robotic vacuum cleaner lol! She is bad enough when I'm steering it!
Margaret
Dogsey Senior
Female 

27-04-2013, 03:29 PM
You can't beat a Henry, I got mine in 1981 and he's still going strong.
anonymousone
Dogsey Junior
Female 

28-04-2013, 06:32 PM
Originally Posted by Tangutica View Post
Don't have any carpets and price (coz I detest spending lots of money on domestic articles) makes Henry a winner for me too. You can pick newest models up for around 100. I've only ever replaced to get a newer model. My youngest son is still using the one I bought in the 80s.

I also have an AEG Ergorapido for everyday whisking around. Cost more than Henry but is lightweight and powerful with a good swivel head and goes flat to get under things. You can take the brains off the long wand and use it as a hand held too. It sits on its own charging base.

I am trying to imagine Bella's reaction to a robotic vacuum cleaner lol! She is bad enough when I'm steering it!
Yes i could see my thug thinking it was prey and tossing it around the house having a good old game.
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-04-2013, 07:52 PM
Originally Posted by anonymousone View Post
Yes i could see my thug thinking it was prey and tossing it around the house having a good old game.

Whereas, in my case, I could see me ending up paying for years of tiny Bella being in THERAPY after meeting the ROBOTIC ENEMY! lol!
anonymousone
Dogsey Junior
Female 

07-05-2013, 12:30 PM
Originally Posted by Tangutica View Post

Ok looked at the AEG and went for similar but mains powered the ewbank chilli, which is similar but with power cable. Must say really pleased with it, its 1000w and great on hard floor, so keeping old hoover for upstairs and this for the downstairs its tiny, and it was 37 pounds which is good even for a cheapskate like me!
Mandyuk1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-05-2013, 08:36 PM
Have to admit its dyson for me too
Malpeki
Dogsey Senior
Female 

07-05-2013, 10:01 PM
hahaha... this Thread reminds me of a "funny" story of my childhood

we had a quite hairy little dog called Stupsi, a Pekinese x long haired Dachshund
and there came "Vorwerk" (a quite good address for hoovers over here) agents to our house
for to present my mom their hoovers

my mom said: "great! just look how I've to remove those dog hairs of the carpet!"
...as we had an very old, bad working hoover and she showed them how she got it...
...by wearing shoes with a rubber sole and rub them together, removing by hand

but not because we were that poor! but my father was that stingy!!! for not even to buy my mom a proper hoover for cleaning the house!

so my mom said, come back when my husband is back from work and tell him about your hoovers, maybe you can convince him, that he will buy one for me

so my mom left the house and my father came back...
...so did the Vorwerk agents

I was just curious, sitting upstairs in the hallway and listening sneaky their conversation...

you wouldn't believe what my "oh so high intelligent" father else was telling them
but the best was, when they told them about what my mom showed them, how to remove dog hairs of the floor

he actually said to them! and now listen for to learn!!!

"if you do not want to have dog hairs on the carpet or somewhere, remove the dog and get a pig!"

can you believe that???

I guess you need to get a doctor's degree before you can give such a stupid answer!

of course my mom didn't get a new hoover...

...at least not before she got divorced!
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3