Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Jenny234
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-04-2005, 04:34 PM

do u worry about ur dogs being stolen?

after reading so much about dogs being stolen, do u ever worry yours will be?
ive heard a few times of dogs being stolen right from the owners hands out on a walk!

everytime i take my 2 for a walk im really worried someone would try steal them or if i let them out in the back garden!
jackiew
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-04-2005, 04:38 PM
i do worry about mine but mine are pretty safe as they would have to trek thru a wood to get to our house and then scale the avaires to get in my garden
out walking i only ever really walk the rottie(hubby walks others)and i,m not too sure anyone would try to take him from me,he is very big and protective over me
Natasha
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-04-2005, 04:38 PM
Hi jenny i think its a fear that all dog owners have, and i think that dog stealing is on the rise as i have heard about quite a few being taken i think mainly its people tying them up outside shops and by the time they get back there dogs are gone very sad!
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-04-2005, 04:43 PM
Yes Jenny I do worry about this as it happens quite a lot in my area according to our local dogwarden it's getting worse. I don't worry for myself as I don't think anyone would try to steal two big g.s.d's from me when I'm out and if they're left in the garden they always bark at everyone walking past, so there would be no hope there! I do worry though, for all those people who do lose their beloved dogs like this, and cannot understand why so many people take the risk by leaving them tied up outside shops and even Tesco's the other day! They will even break into cars nowadays to steal a dog, it is just terrible.
Moli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-04-2005, 04:48 PM
I never let my dogs out of my site..when we are on walks luckily they stay near all the time...There were 4 staffs stolen in my area last year, luckily we live out in the country, but I still keep my eye on them when they are in the garden....
mo
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-04-2005, 04:50 PM
This is something I have worried about for a long time, if I walk my dogs I am constantly looking over my shoulder to see who's about, if I drive to the local large park and they have a fair on, I drive a serious detour home, my dogs are never left anywhere I am not, I an in most days, and if they are in the back garden, the theives would have a real tough job taking a dog, for one they are large and heavy, two my garden at the top has a 6ft plus fence that they would have to climb after going throught neighbours gardens, and the very bottom of the garden there is a 10ft wall with a 6ft fence on top of that, our garden slopes down to the boundaries of a private school which is in an elevate situation from our garden,

Mo
bellaluna
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-04-2005, 04:57 PM
I do worry, but not on walks... More if I tie her up outside a shop (just for a few seconds, but that would be enough). And today when I went to Burger King, I had her outside. I really hate that. Its next to a motorway, so they could just take her, pop her into a car and drive off.... So I very rarely go there
Hoggett
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

24-04-2005, 05:05 PM
I worry too, because Blackie is a very very friendly dog, and if anyone even walks past he goes up to them. When I have to take him to the shops, I will only leave him if the door is either a glass door, and I can watch him or the door is blocked open. I sometimes have to go to the Coop but he sits right in front the the CCTV camera, and it is working so if ever anything happened we hopefully could see who it was that had taken him. Also everybody where I live knows him and I think there would be an all out search for him if he went missing.
He is so popular that the whole of the junior school knows him and tries to stroke and kiss him!

Ian
Archaeopath
Almost a Veteran
Female 

24-04-2005, 05:06 PM
Although I don't let mine out of my sight other than when I let them in the garden to do their business, I don't worry so much about Satchmo. I do worry about Sophie though as she's a bulldog and they're so often nicked. By the time they'd found out she's spayed, she'd be dumped somewhere

Becs
Housedog
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

24-04-2005, 06:32 PM
My dogs are never outwith my property without my being with them, if someone wants to come in to take them, then it's party time. I know over the years many kenneled Lurchers have been stolen, and I believe this has always gone on.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >