Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Razcox
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-09-2008, 03:22 PM

Dog Borstal

I really enjoy this programme but has anyone else noticed how much they are using corrective collars now? In the first 2 shows i have seen 3 spray collars used, this seems like a lot.

Now i don't have a problem with using spray collars (except when citronella is used) is all other training methods have failed but it seems like they are really going for the quick fix now. Before it seemed like they put more work into getting the owners working with the dogs on a long term plan.
Hali
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-09-2008, 03:29 PM
Funny, I said the same to my OH - the EBT was wearing one in the clip at the end when they were back at home (though you didn't see them using it in training).

Mixed views - in the right hands I think they can be a help in certain cases, but once again, I'd be worried that people will just rush out and get one and will be using them willy-nilly.

What I did like though was them covering the bit where Mick tells the couple off for planning to breed - hopefully his comments about the number of dogs in rescue/destroyed each year will hit home to a few viewers (though I guess most of them would think 'oh that won't happen to our pups').
Sarah27
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-09-2008, 03:42 PM
Originally Posted by Razcox View Post
it seems like they are really going for the quick fix now. Before it seemed like they put more work into getting the owners working with the dogs on a long term plan.
I saw them using one last night on a lab who liked to eat poo. I was surprised because I'd never seen them use one before on Dog Borstal.

I think though, today people are just looking for a quick fix sadly. I think too many people aren't committed enough to their dogs and don't realise how much reponsibility they are taking on when they get a dog.
sjpurt
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-09-2008, 07:20 PM
ok i have missed it what time and channel is it on guys as i liked watching it. thanks
janitor
Dogsey Junior
Male 

17-09-2008, 07:43 PM
8 o Clock on BBC3 on a tuesday, you could always try BBC Iplayer.