Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
rachelsetters
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-10-2007, 12:15 PM

Great Weekend!!!

This Saturday was The British Gordon Setter Club Champshionship show in Ryton, Coventry.

Was a family day out almost - as Ken and both my girls came along with the three Gordons!

This was Connors first champ show (after we withdrew at Richmond due to his sore paw!) and also both Emily and Jess first handling competition too!

Well I am one proud mum!

First up was Emily in Jess in the handling 6-11 - Jess was handling Connor who is 7m and Emily handled a friends bitch who is just over 18m.

Well they both did great - considering Emily had only just met her dog 10 mins before the show and Jess was handling a puppy! Neither made too many mistakes but Emily unfortunately broke the golden rule several times.

So it finished Jess 1st and Emily 2nd - Jess was so pleased and Emily was for her sister too! The judge was Linda Upton.

There was handler in the 12-16 yo (age 16) and Jess had to go into the challenge for best handler at the end - well she did really well and was careful with her patterns - she did go between the judge once and I thought that was that - she even managed a T which she only learnt last Monday - and she WON Best Overall Junior Handler!!! I had tears in my eyes I can tell you as did her Dad (but dont tell him I told you that!)

The judge said she was such a kind handler and that the older girl made more mistakes than Jess. She got to bring home a lovely shield which will have her name engraved on.

We had a very good day with Connor winning the Minor Puppy Dog class (which had 8 entries in and he was the youngest in the class too) lovely trophy too! And means Connor and Angus are both qualified for Crufts now.

Angus got 2nd in Debutant, VHC in Undergraduate. Sadly Max was unplaced in his large class!

I foolishly entered Brace and Team - you risk your life doing that I can tell you - and they make you work by running you round the whole ring LOL!

But my boys didn't trip me up and moved in unison for me - and we won both the team and the brace!! Two more trophies to bring home.

Leospride and Dudley kindly came over to see us all - thanks Dee and H for puppy sitting and holding the horror too! Was great to see you both again!

Did take pics but to be honest they are all pretty awful - the blue floor plays havoc with the flash I think!

p.s. Eunice hope the place was tidy for your show on Sunday

sorry for rambling on!
Mahooli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-10-2007, 12:17 PM
Wow what a great day out. Congratulations for all your family's successes!
Becky
scorpio
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-10-2007, 12:23 PM
Well no-one can accuse you of doing things by half Rach, what a fantastic day, I'm really pleased for you.

Congratulations to all of you for your fantastic placings.

Sheree xxx
shaza
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-10-2007, 12:32 PM
Wow it sounds like it was a great day! and congratulations for all your placings!
rachelsetters
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-10-2007, 12:40 PM
Originally Posted by Mahooli View Post
Wow what a great day out. Congratulations for all your family's successes!
Becky
Thanks Becky - it really was a fab day out!

Originally Posted by scorpio View Post
Well no-one can accuse you of doing things by half Rach, what a fantastic day, I'm really pleased for you.

Congratulations to all of you for your fantastic placings.

Sheree xxx
Cheers Sheree - proud of all of them!

Originally Posted by shaza View Post
Wow it sounds like it was a great day! and congratulations for all your placings!
Thanks Shaza - still smiling today
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-10-2007, 12:41 PM
awwwwww well done all!!!
Petticoat
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-10-2007, 01:14 PM
Aw!! Well done to your girls, you and the dogs!!!
Hali
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-10-2007, 01:18 PM
What a day - so much to be proud of

I remember seeing a video you posted of one of your daughters (sorry can't think which one) and thinking then that she seemed to be such a natural handler.

Well don to you all
rachelsetters
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-10-2007, 01:50 PM
Originally Posted by Ramble View Post
awwwwww well done all!!!
Thanks A - will pm you to catch up tom!

Originally Posted by petticoat74 View Post
Aw!! Well done to your girls, you and the dogs!!!
Thanks very much

Originally Posted by Hali View Post
What a day - so much to be proud of

I remember seeing a video you posted of one of your daughters (sorry can't think which one) and thinking then that she seemed to be such a natural handler.

Well don to you all
Hi there! Thank you for your kind comments - I think it was of Jess ! A lot of people have commented that she has a natural ability - she looks so at ease with Connor too. He is so good with her they are a wonderful team!
thandi
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-10-2007, 08:32 PM
brilliant job Jess

well doen to Emily too - oh and to you too of course
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >