Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Foxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-11-2005, 10:14 AM
Originally Posted by chinaowner
we didnt end up taking her to the vets as when i got home she had not thrown up anything she had eaten that day and was all bright and running around...OH promised that if she was sick again we would take her. Woke up this morning and all her food had stayed in her fat little belly and she was still bright so looks as though all is well....still keeping a close eye on her though...the only thing upsetting her now is the fireworks!!!

thanks for all your concern guys....

Alex
xxx

Great news that China is okay again. I only saw the thread late on last night and I was going to tell you about my dog. He was sick about 2 months ago and was sick continuously for 12 hours and then just stopped. He was bright inbetween. He also vomited a bit of blood up at the end as well which I was quite worried about. We had a vets appointment that night for his skin problem so I told the vet he had been sick all day and about the blood but he said that if it would have been anything serious the blood would have been brown because it would have come from the stomach and not bright red as it had been.
alexandra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-11-2005, 04:52 PM
spoke too soon...went home at lunch and her breakfast was on the bedroom carpet...got another appointment for tonight....
wufflehoond
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-11-2005, 07:14 PM
Oh no, best to get her checked out then. Let us know how you get on
alexandra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-11-2005, 07:16 PM
went to the vets and she is booked on for sedation and x ray for tomorrow....vet says she has all the signs of a blockage but isnt showing any pain and is looking way to bright for a dog that should be in pain!!!

So we shall see...vet says not to be too worried as she is looking very healthy and bright and is still willing to eat....will keep you all posted

alex and China

(by the way she says thank for the support!!!)
wufflehoond
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-11-2005, 08:01 PM
Glad the vet isn't too concerned. Keep us informed on how she gets on tomorrow. Wags and licks from Cassie
alexandra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-11-2005, 08:04 PM
china gives her kisses back...she is currently cuddle up to my back coz of fireworks!!!
wufflehoond
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-11-2005, 10:08 PM
Awww....bless her, thankfully Cassie isn't really bothered by the fireworks
Foxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-11-2005, 10:13 PM
Ooh what a shame she has started being sick again - fingers crossed that everything is okay tomorrow
Christine
Dogsey Veteran

04-11-2005, 05:39 AM
Originally Posted by chinaowner
went to the vets and she is booked on for sedation and x ray for tomorrow....vet says she has all the signs of a blockage but isnt showing any pain and is looking way to bright for a dog that should be in pain!!!

So we shall see...vet says not to be too worried as she is looking very healthy and bright and is still willing to eat....will keep you all posted

alex and China

(by the way she says thank for the support!!!)
Thing is they don`t always show any signs of pain/discomfort & will be normal eating etc, till it starts to cause a problem
1 of my dogs swallowed a sock when he was a pup, all we could was wait til it came out, either way. It didn`t & 4/5 days after swallowing it about 1am in the morning, (isn`t it always ) he started being sick, had to rush him to vet for emergency op cos the sock had got stuck between his tum & intestine causing intersusseption (sp?)
Best to keep an eye on her, hope alls well tho & its something simple
alexandra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-11-2005, 09:30 AM
was told i couldnt feed her since last night...breakfast was tough!!!
Page 4 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >