Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Lottie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-03-2008, 09:39 PM

Takara's Training 31/03/08

Really pleased with Takara's training today...

1 Training session, 2 trials.
Trial #1: Put T-shirt on and mat out, Takara got on the mat but didn't want to lie down, asked her to wait (sat on the mat) and walked to the kitchen, she laid down and stayed.
Moved door handle which squeaks rather loudly and she remained relaxed, laid on the mat.
Rewarded with a crab stick! Lucky puppy!

Trial #2: Excellent - after rewarding trial #1 with a crabstick, Takara remained on the mat. I went to the door and opened it, then had a brief conversation with nobody and closed the door. Takara remained uninterested on her mat, rewarded with crab stick and a cuddle, then access to outside before bed.

Observations:
For the last few days, Takara has been laid by my feet. Prior to the training beginning, Takara would only ever lay on a bed, never on the floor and she rarely laid near me anyway.
Since the training she's been far more focussed on me, and now often lays by my feet on the floor while I work on my laptop in the lounge!

Her recall was poor today, however, the time and frequency of the training has changed so may try and do it more often and earlier in the day to see if the recall improves again or whether it was just coincidence.
Kicks
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-03-2008, 10:26 PM
whay to go T! lmao at you having a "brief conversation with noone!"
Mahooli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-04-2008, 07:02 AM
That's brilliant! Hats off to you both!
melsgems
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-04-2008, 07:57 AM
seems like your doing a fab job, have very funny image of someone stood at the door talking to nobody lol....when you have done with Takara can you come and see me cos Zeita doesn't do lying down when we have visitors lol, obedience leaves her completely, typical xx
Lottie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-04-2008, 11:23 AM
Thanks guys - she's really taking it on board! She just seems more able to relax and focus now so I'm very pleased!

melsgems - seriously, give it a go Zeita might surprise you! You'll have to build it up very gradually - not asking her to do it while visitors are there to begin with.
horses01466
Dogsey Senior
Female 

01-04-2008, 11:54 AM
sounds like your getting on great with her....
keep it up XXXX