View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Ella's Mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-01-2006, 09:37 PM

Is it possible for girls to become pregnant prior to the first menstrual period?

right my son had sex education today [ shock horror ] his 13 so about the age were they no it all lol , well he said a teacher told them that a girl can get pregnant before she has her first period ???? i said no that not poss so we arguing lol i am right aint i ??? [ just he can be very perswading ]
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-01-2006, 09:39 PM
er.....don't you have to ovulate before you can get preggers? I thnink you're right, unless they've changed the rules.......
Ella's Mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-01-2006, 09:40 PM
thats what i thought !!!
Kerrie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-01-2006, 09:46 PM
Question
I've been having sex with my boyfriend for a while now but I haven't started my periods yet, can I get pregnant?

Answer
It is possible to become pregnant if you have unprotected sex before you start your first period.

Girls are born with thousands of eggs in their ovaries and when your periods start one egg is released each month. The womb gets ready for a possible pregnancy each month by making the lining thick and soft. If the egg is not fertilised by a sperm, the lining and the egg pass out of your vagina - this is your period.

Before a girl has her first period, an egg will have been released and be waiting to be fertilised. As it is impossible to predict when the body will release the first egg, it is important to use contraception if you are having sex before your period starts.
found this online
Ella's Mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-01-2006, 09:48 PM
oh no i never heard of it , oh well he was right that a new one on me
Kerrie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-01-2006, 09:50 PM
i havent heard of it either
Ella's Mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-01-2006, 09:52 PM
im quite shocked at the amount of info his been given at school to say the least but i very open on the subject with him i was just very confused at that one
nickinpete
Dogsey Junior
Female 

11-01-2006, 09:59 PM
Originally Posted by Ella's Mum
right my son had sex education today [ shock horror ] his 13 so about the age were they no it all lol , well he said a teacher told them that a girl can get pregnant before she has her first period ???? i said no that not poss so we arguing lol i am right aint i ??? [ just he can be very perswading ]
Remember that you ovulate approx 14 days BEFORE your period starts, therefore around 14 days before a girls first period her body will have released an egg - that egg could then be fertilised.
bluemerle lover
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-01-2006, 10:03 PM
well im shocked i never knew this either surprising what you find out these days
BrandieSnap
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-01-2006, 10:22 PM
Our sex education was rubbish I'm glad it seems to be improving!
That's great that your son is happy to talk to you about it too
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >