Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-09-2023, 06:59 AM

Well tis Wednesday 13th September 2023

Morning all. And yep I hope you are all feeling well. The trials and tribulations of family life can be so complex. Anyway Tesco have emailed me my receipt and there are two substitutions. I hope they will be ok. Have a good day everyone. Chin up as they say or deep breaths and count to ten.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

13-09-2023, 09:53 AM
Morning brenda and all to follow.
I hope the substitutions are reasonable brenda.
Washing on the line so I'm hoping it stays fine long enough for it to dry.
Taking Brewster for a quick trip to Kings Lynn to get him weighed at Jollye's, there will no walking on their slippery floors though today it will be in and out and a fuss from the staff if they're about.

Chris I remember Mark and Joel's problems and the manipulation from Donna, something I can never forget but prefer not to remember.

I hope everyone is having a good Wednesday.
tumbleweed
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

13-09-2023, 09:59 AM
I was thinking that as I didn't have a mobile phone what happens if I am out in the car and it breaks down or in an accident? Phone boxes no longer exist or I have not see one around here.
So FORCED to get a mobile phone which Sue and I went into a shop selling them.get home and now have to get something called "a sim card" whatever that is or does I don't have a clue, but apparently the phone won't work without one. What a con that is.
So back at home and absolutely struggling to understand how it works and how to use it. So complicated even to connect to our home network. doesn't even come with a demo disc to watch and learn from.
Guess it is down to Sue to teach me eveything about it in plain simple non tech terms.

I hate this modern day and age - cash in some places no longer accepted card only. Parking at a meter that the screen print is so faint it is unreadable. everything not in metric measurements instead of ft/ins- mph which we understand.May be ok for younger generation as we oldies are now on the scrap heap and given no consideration on how we were bought up and taught.

Country now in charge by foreigners who have no cultural background in england. speed limit in some parts now down to 20mph so creating more emissions as having to use a lower gear so higher engine revs.

The country now run by brain dead politicians and councils. If I was younger I would seriously consider saying goodbye to the UK the country I love
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-09-2023, 12:15 PM
Good afternoon everyone

Hope weighing for Brewster went well Lynn and washing got dry

I also hope your Tesco order goes well Brenda

Sunny initials here with a nice breeze so all washing dried and two loads of ironing done. The girls now have at least a week's worth of school clothes they can wear next week.

Barry and his mobile phone - help. He has always said don't need one but of course this is now the excuse that he can't go anywhere without me as he doesn't have one. Now he has one, sim ordered and I will get it installed when it arrives. Have gone for Tesco as the cheapest. I don't expect him to uses it much unless I can persuade him to always have it with him and then I can do away with the house phone as I can't see the need for three phones. Watch this space and you may hear that there is a husband looking for a home (no he is not house trained as he expects to be awaited on hand and foo)t, my fault I know but it is usually quicker to do it yourself.

Take care everyone.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-09-2023, 02:35 PM
Barry, get on YouTube and put your phone model in..... someone will have done a video I am sure.
Love my mobile phone, can't tell you the last time I used a laptop.
Luckily, Steve doesn't have kids ( his daughter was still born) but he was manipulated by the polish ex and her kids, he is proper soft when it comes to kids.....it got to the point I really lost my temper with him as he was being so naive
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-09-2023, 04:38 PM
Good afternoon all

Hectic day. Our morning out was good and the weather was kind. It was sunny with a lovely breeze.

This afternoon took Gary to the bank to open an account only to be told that the woman who sorts them out wasn't in today. So, we then had 2 and a half hours to kill until his opticians appointment. She was so blooming thorough that I'm sure we over ran our parking time (only allowed four hours in that car park). I'll not be happy if that's the case and we get a fine for overstaying our welcome

I've set the ball rolling to get some carers. I'm waiting now for a social worker to get in touch so we can have a meeting to sort out requirements and financials, but alas it may take a while