View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
honeysmummy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-02-2010, 04:30 PM
I agree go with personal recommendations!!
There are a lot round here and there are very few I would trust. They seem to have more and more dogs every time i see them!
I am a dog walker but have done quite well now I only do one individuals dog(s) at a time ...it means less money per session for me but I seem to have more clients now because they are all so fed up with the "large group" walks everyone does.

So get a dog walker who is flexible and does what you want!!!!
Make sure insured and CRB checked xx
lozzibear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-02-2010, 03:44 PM
Originally Posted by jesterjenn View Post
I'm in two minds about dog walkers.

I love the idea of it, but personally, I would have to know the person before leaving them in charge of my house key and my dogs.

I think they are great for people who are more trusting than me lol
im the same... and tbh, i dont know if i could trust someone else to walk jake... i would be out of my mind with worry.
fluffymummy
Dogsey Senior
Female 

03-02-2010, 05:03 PM
Definitely get a personal recommendation! I met a few and they were good, but I prefer to leave my dog in a doggy day care as he's not happy to be alone - I know a local dog walker that I just drop Fluffy at her house and pick him up later. She always has the same dogs that Fluffy gets on well and they get walked twice a day. At first he was a bit shy when I left him and now he loves it there!
Mother*ship
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-02-2010, 07:34 PM
You've had some good advice here, I would also see if you can find out a few times/locations this woman walks and see if you can just bump into her to get an idea of what she's like when she's out with the dogs.

The reason I mention this is that a dog walker near me that has one of those dog business franchises is a complete numpty, lets the dogs roam all over and even walked an in season bitch off lead. I often wish I could contact those dogs owners as I am sure that they would not be happy.

J.
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2