Our sister sites
Our sister sites
chihuahualover
Dogsey Senior
Female 

14-08-2007, 04:16 AM

I am famous now

I Am Famous Now

I was born today. One of 10. My Daddy is very famous. I have lots of half brothers and sisters. My Mother is very famous. Since she got famous, she has only had puppies. No more loving hands, no more fun trips... just puppies. She is always sad when they leave her.

I left home today. I didn't want to go, so I hid behind my mama and my 3 litter mates that were left. I didn't like you. But one day they said I would be famous. I wonder, is famous the same as fun and good times? So you picked me up and carried me away, even though you were concerned about me hiding from you. I don't think you like me.

My new home is far away. I am scared and afraid. My heart says BE BRAVE. My ancestors were. Did they go to good homes like mine? I'm hungry because I can't eat too much because it will be bad for my bones. I can't bite and snap when the children are mean to me. I just run and play and pretend I am in a big green field with butterflies and robins and frogs.

I can't understand why they kick me. I am quiet, but the man hits and says loud things. The lady doesn't feed me good things like I had with my mother. She just throws dry food on the ground, then goes away before I can get too close for touching and petting. Sometimes my food smells bad but I eat it anyway.

Today I had 10 puppies. They are so wonderful and warm. Am I famous now? I wish I could play with them, but they are so tiny. I am so young and playful that it is hard to lay here in this hole under the house nursing my puppies. They are crying now. I am so hungry. I scratch and worry my fur. I wish someone would throw me some food. I am also very thirsty. I now have 8. 2 got cold during the night and I couldn't make them warm again. They are gone. We are all very weak. Maybe if I take them out on the porch, we can get some food.

Today they took us away. It was too much trouble to feed us and someone came to take us away. Someone grabbed my puppies, they were crying and whimpering. We were put in a truck with boxes in it. Are my babies famous now? I hope so, because I miss them. They are gone.

The place smelled of urine, fear and sickness. Why was I here? I was beautiful, like my ancestors. Now I am hungry, dirty, in pain and unwanted. Maybe the worst is unwanted. No one came though I tried to be good.

Today someone came. They put a rope around my neck and led me to a room that was very clean and had a shiny table. They put me on the table. Someone hugged me. It felt so good!! Then I felt tired and laid over the last one who cared. I AM FAMOUS NOW. Today someone cared.

Author Unknown

Don’t Breed or Buy While Homeless Pets Die!
Deccy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-08-2007, 07:17 AM
That was doing the rounds after the 101 Dalmatians film caused untold harm to the breed and Welfare in the UK are still rescuing over 300 a year....
My local dog pound had an entire litter and their dam a few months back - the owner wouldn't pay for them to be PTS so they were dumped......
Fudgeley
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-08-2007, 08:27 AM
CL that was a thought provoking post. I had not seen it before , and it just adds to the evidence about breeding for a purpose(NOT MONEY) and not on a sentimental whim. I would have loved for Fudge to have puppies, and happen to think she is a striking dog whose pups would have been gorgeous too. The point is we do not know her make-up and the pups could be nothing like her. There are already too many dogs who need homes for us to indulge our whim. Fudge is of course speyed now and we have to satisfy our whim by ogling the puppy pics on here.
Nicky1979
Almost a Veteran
Female 

14-08-2007, 09:56 AM
I too hadn't seen this before, thank you for posting it CL.

Fudgely - I totally agree with what you have said. We think that Louie is a wonderful dog however there are more than enough dogs out there without him adding to the issue.
I have posted before about the people over the road who have a mastiffxrottiexGSD that they can barely look after yet they hinted the other day that they though she & Louie (SBTxPyraneanxSharpeixIrish water spaniel) would have gorgeous puppies
My reply was short and swift
(Just to add that Louie is booked in to be de furry plumed in Sept so there will be no chance of any puppies )
zoeybeau1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-08-2007, 10:07 AM
i have seen this before in the boxer clubs book,its gut renching down to earth truth,
thanks for posting xx
morganstar
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-08-2007, 11:16 AM
Not seen this before, thans for sharing makes you think doesnt it.
alexandra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-08-2007, 02:22 PM
god that is soooo sad! poor doggy, thats why i dont think i could ever get a dog from a breeder it would always have to rescue for me...

Alex
xx
Trixy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-08-2007, 03:06 PM
Thank you for sharing it makes you wonder some times
borzoimom
Dogsey Senior
Female 

14-08-2007, 03:21 PM
Its a worrysome post, and also the reason why we are so protective of our pups..
chihuahualover
Dogsey Senior
Female 

14-08-2007, 03:37 PM
It is, it's the cold hard truth, and some people (Like me) would never read it twice, I got the point, and the point hurt. I close my eyes to alot of things, I admit that. But....I cant close my eyes to this. To animals.