Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
werewolf
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-05-2010, 08:41 PM
Originally Posted by ChristineGibson View Post
I am Monty's mum and a new user of Dogsey. We love Reuben, of course.
Does anyone have any idea how to convince Monty to train him? (I didn't manage with Monty so why am I surprised about the dog?)
Hello and a very warm welcome xxxxx Haha ref training Monty seems a lovely man so credit to you xxxxx

Yes, Reuben came from a Bristol rescue where he had been handed in by a couple where illness meant they could not keep him. He was eight months old.
It was an instant love match!
Reuben seems such a lovely dog, really fun loving and so gentle xxxx I am sure he has many fans out there xxxxxx
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

05-05-2010, 10:16 PM
I am Monty's mum and a new user of Dogsey. We love Reuben, of course.
Does anyone have any idea how to convince Monty to train him? (I didn't manage with Monty so why am I surprised about the dog?)
Hi Christine and welcome to Dogsey I would guess Monty is happy with Reuben just as he is . I would say the jumping up and nipping when Reuben gets excited is a form of displacement activity, I don't think it really bothers Monty. There are times when it seems appropriate to accept our pets for what they are warts and all and this could be one of them .

Monty seems a lovely chap, you must be very proud of him. He really does enjoy his Hebridian adventures to the full doesn't he, his enthusiasm is infectious and for me this makes the program magical and something in which I can share.
Phil
Fondly Remembered
Male 

05-05-2010, 11:11 PM
Enjoyed the show again tonight especially the Sea Eagles.
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

06-05-2010, 08:39 AM
Originally Posted by Phil View Post
Enjoyed the show again tonight especially the Sea Eagles.
They were quite something weren't they don't think I would dare standing underneath a pair waving a fish about like Monty .

I love to see the strong sense of community the Islanders still have, like it used to be here years ago.
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-05-2010, 09:10 AM
Loved the programme last night again. Would have loved to have been at that feast (yum!) lol

The sea eagles were absolutely magnificent (still haven't seen the one here, so I think it must have moved on).

Reuben managed to make me a giggle as usual too, especially choosing the pebble over the smoked salmon Again, just like Moss!

I love the fact that Monty really involves Reuben in everything he can and clearly loves him to bits
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-05-2010, 09:12 AM
I recently ordered the book that accompanied the Beachcomber Cottage series, and it came last week I can't wait to start it (have to finish my current book first) but have already loved all the photos of Reuben
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-05-2010, 08:26 PM
What a beautiful white longhaired shepherd on this week
Phil
Fondly Remembered
Male 

13-05-2010, 02:06 PM
Originally Posted by Moobli View Post
I recently ordered the book that accompanied the Beachcomber Cottage series, and it came last week I can't wait to start it (have to finish my current book first) but have already loved all the photos of Reuben
I've still got a bit of a book backlog
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-05-2010, 04:41 PM
Originally Posted by Phil View Post
I've still got a bit of a book backlog
You haven't, have you?
lozzibear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-05-2010, 10:04 PM
my cousin was in the first episode of this (i havent watched any since then so not sure if he has appeared again). it was when they were building the chicken coop, and he just helped them out lol. he is a sound guy for the prog but got asked to help for that bit lol. he lives in uist, and i used to spend nearly all summer every summer up there, it is a gorgeous place and i am really hoping to drag my bf up their this summer, jake will love it!
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >