View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-09-2008, 09:24 PM
Thanks Tracy. Lucas is a lovely little (well quite big actually, my son says he looks like a big pom pom...)thing. It isn't all bad. He's asked to go out twice to poo tonight...
k9xxb
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-09-2008, 09:59 PM
Hi, i've only just seen this but wanted to wish you well - whatever choices you make

Hope things are not as hectic.
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-09-2008, 10:21 PM
Thanks...al sleeping at the mo...shhhhhhhhhhhh
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-09-2008, 06:38 AM
Oh Ailsa *hugs* - I really feel for you. Trying to split yourself into three (and that's just the needy ones) is no fun, and totally exhausting.

You know in your heart what is the right decision to make, and I know that you will make it.

In the meantime, from a totally selfish point of view, I hope you can make it work.

As others have said, if anyone can do it, you can.

However, if the timing is wrong, then for all your sakes, the pup must go to another trainer.......... and I really do not mean that in a harsh way.

Big hugs, darling, we're all here and rooting for you all

x0x0x0x0x
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-09-2008, 06:44 AM
Thanks Vicki!
Things are definitely settling, but still manic...
Won't be on much (if at all ) over the weekend.

I think the timing is wrong and I wish I'd seen that. I do know things will settle more, but not completely as Cosmo is a nutter. I had him in a different room a few times yesterday, just so I could get things done and I felt awful, he is, after all, our dog and I can feel that put him in another room for 10 minutes thing creeping in. I don't really want it to...
Hali
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-09-2008, 07:02 AM
Ailsa, I know you feel guilty (I would too), but I'm sure it'll do Cosmo no harm to be seperated for a few minutes a day, if that's what it takes.

Look at it this way, if the pup was yours. you would've had to do it, so this is just a training excerise for him too, in preparation for your next dog of your own.

From the ones I've seen, FCs don't seem to mature very quickly, so there is a good chance that he would be just as bouncy with a pup even in a year's time and you might well have had the same problems even then.

So I don't think it's any bad thing for Cosmo to learn that the pup isn't there purely for his own amusement
Lionhound
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-09-2008, 01:05 PM
Glad things a settling down a bit

(((hugs))) xx
queenwillow
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-09-2008, 07:49 PM
lol go on you know you wont to
Page 5 of 5 « First < 2 3 4 5