View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
SibeVibe
Almost a Veteran
Female 

02-06-2009, 10:30 AM
That is one spoilt little adored 'huskamute' Has a busier agenda than me She's a lucky girl.

Jacub (sibe x mal) started off doin about 1/4 mile, then 1/2 mile and now belts round a 1 mile trail without a second thought. When the colder weather comes back he'll be increasing the distance he does at his pace. He's just the same as Kismet - out on a beautiful soft forrest trail but the boy always runs along the grass at the side

Agree with Rose and Gemma about watching the temp and humidity levels. Heard horrendous stories of folks 'cooking' a sibe/mal just walking in hot weather. Make sure she has plenty water breaks to keep her hydration level up. I've never had a problem with my guys rehydrating but if I did I would bate the water. Sardines usually does the trick. Looks and smells really horrid but the guys freak for the stuff

I never used to wear a helmet when I was running the dogs till my girls pointed out that they would do as I do and not wear one either when they ran them. I bought a helmet the next day! Gotta lead from the front Never needed it more than when I'm out with Jacub lol

I hope you have a great time out running with Kismet.

Take good care.

Seoniad
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2