Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Timber-
Almost a Veteran
Female 

09-12-2014, 10:55 PM

Incessant Barking

I need some help with Karitsa. She is so vocal especially if she can't be in the same room. I haven't finished all the intros as 2 of my dogs need a slower introduction and she hasn't meet the cats yet, so I've been doing a rotation. When it's her turn to be out, I hang out with her and have her and Timber play for a long while to get her energy out. No matter how much exercise she gets, if she isn't in the same room she's barking non-stop. The only thing that has worked so far was to put up a bed sheet at the doorway. I don't want to keep dong this, but can't seem to collect my thoughts with all the barking going on. She also goes through barking spurts throughout the night. I have to get up really early in the morning to work, so it's quite the disruption.
LMost
Dogsey Senior
Male 

10-12-2014, 12:17 AM
Maybe teaching a "Quite" command.

Sound like she's high energy so the waiting her out method might not really be a option for you.

Mastiff person so never really deal with barking, as they generally only ever bark to alert.
Dibbythedog
Dogsey Senior
Female 

10-12-2014, 09:36 PM
I dont know the set up of your home. Is it possible you can use dog gates to keep her separated from your other pets but she can still see you?
Timber-
Almost a Veteran
Female 

14-12-2014, 01:34 AM
That's the thing, she barks if she can see us. Every doorway here has a gate.