Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
tumbleweed
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

08-12-2014, 11:20 AM
TW

Have you ever been bitten by a dog? I have twice, once my own and once by a client looking to board his dog which went for me even on the lead.

Believe me it hurts when done if a dog means it. The second time I had to go to the Drs for anti tetinus jab.

Imagine if either dog had gone for a child at face level.

THINK ON IT.

That could just have easily been a child the dog was attacking

watch many more instances on youtube

I Don't care how much a family pet is, if a dog has a tendency to bite more than once for no reason then is should be put down. That is being a responsible dog owner not pussy footing around looking for a solution which hardly ever works

Friend of mine Had the most loving GSD ever until one day it turned on them. Turned out it had a brain tumer but they had it put to sleep before that was discovered. The vet said it was inoperable

Bet this will raise a few eyebrows by those who refuse to face reality. Now everyone is going to be anti me for my views.

That could easily have been a child being attacked. Look at youtube for more examples
marley123
Dogsey Senior
Male 

08-12-2014, 05:27 PM
I'm sorry but that video shows a dog attacking a dog, no reason what so ever to think that dog would attack a child he might be the softest dog in the world when it cones to kids but he had dog aggression, there is no reason to put a dog aggressive dog to sleep, hell the little dog might have started the fight that was a very one sided video.
Better not let my dog near kids cause he's been in dog fights before ..........
tumbleweed
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

08-12-2014, 05:35 PM
Marley

get out of La La land and face reality, get bitten by a dog intent to savage you then come back and say a dog should not be put down if it attacks.

Or have you already been savagely bitten or even bitten hard by a strange dog? please answer, I bet the reply will be no.

If you read my post properly you will see I said go look on youtube and see the damage a dog attack can do
marley123
Dogsey Senior
Male 

08-12-2014, 05:42 PM
I have been bitten twice, once by a dog that wanted to do real damage, but there would still be no reason to put to sleep the dog in the video, nor the ops dog if he is managed correctly
I see the dog that attacked me every day, she had been beaten every day of her life and thought I was going to do the same and she said no. Now she knows different she runs to greet me every morning but she should have been put down ?
tumbleweed
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

08-12-2014, 05:45 PM
Marley put on your glasses and read posts properly before replying

I wrote quote "
I Don't care how much a family pet is, if a dog has a tendency to bite more than once for no reason then is should be put down" Unquote

You are saying again quote "she had been beaten every day of her life" unquote which is entirely different

I could tell you of some horror stories about dogs that boarded with us over the last 21 years and we were licensed for 119 dogs. So possibly have a lot more experience than yourself. And that is apart from our own dogs and being involved in most aspects of being with dogs from rescue to breeding to training to advertising to Afghan racing for fun etc

Times when we have had to have the RSPCA and VETS in attendance at the kennels , owners that said their dogs were ok until collected, then told the truth about keeping them as out and out attack dogs to so called protect private property. Have you ever seen a dogs character completely change in a flash? I have. We were stupid enough to accept a dog for boarding when it came in doped so much it could hardly stand and when the doping wore off it was more than lethal and the owners when they came to pick the dog up and laugh and gave it more dopey pills to settle it down.

So I have a little more experience than the average pet dog owner. Try working with peoples dogs 7 days a week for 21 years all year around and you get to know a bit more.
marley123
Dogsey Senior
Male 

08-12-2014, 05:51 PM
I've never read or hear of a dog biting for NO reason, the ops dog sounds fearful, in my mind you are contradicting yourself a bit, I did nothing to the collie that attacked me and also my boss on other days so you could say she bit for no reason I did nothing to get attacked,
Like I say understand a dogs mind there is always a reason
tumbleweed
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

08-12-2014, 06:13 PM
it is obvious that you have not been attacked by a for no reason so I can understand why you are so sceptical I would be as well. But I have had a lot more experience and maybe know dogs a little better and attacked for no reason. You learn a lot over 40+ years of multi dog ownership.

Try working in a commercial kennel environment and then say you don't watch your back at all times.
Quote "I've never read or hear of a dog biting for NO reason" unquote

Go talk to kennel owners then
marley123
Dogsey Senior
Male 

08-12-2014, 06:15 PM
How do you know you know more about dogs than me. ?
Being older means nothin, dogs don't even attack dogs for no reason let alone people
tumbleweed
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

08-12-2014, 06:46 PM
Marley

I am not going to get into any further discussions with you as you have your opinion and I have mine. You don't say what experience you have or working knowledge which you have every right not to say on here or anywhere else

To me it appears all you want to do is query everything I mentioned so there is no point in carrying on.

So lets agree to disagree and finish it there

My cattery I used to own for you to look at

overall view
lorniec
Dogsey Junior
Female 

08-12-2014, 08:41 PM
This thread has degenerated into posting boasting pictures on to show how much more experienced one person is than the other, no wonder so many people don't stick around
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >