View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-05-2016, 09:03 PM
Harvey, my dad cuts grass for a living for the council, he uses a triple or a five unit though so not a push mower, he does cut in the wet and the only time he doesn't cut i if it has been raining heavily for a few days, the reason the grass needs to get cut by him if it is wet is as they are given a round to do, the round will take 2-3 weeks to get through and you have to follow a certain pattern, if you miss part of the round through wet weather you can't go back to it so it could be a month or 6 weeks before it gets cut and in certain weather could easily be a foot high or more...as i say, he doesn't use a mower like we would at home he uses one of these
http://www.tramontina.com.au/churras...steak-set.html
ewww casey...mind my pair do it with the cat poop...yack
TW, send your girls down...we would love it
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-05-2016, 09:06 PM
When owners don't pass they usually know why and come back for an extra course. Sadly this time round a lot aren't returning and don't know why. Maybe they have other commitments. Can't make people. Never mind, we get used to it. Been doing it to long now to worry. Always more to take their place. Lots of them stay for months, even years just because they enjoy it. Others return years later with a new puppy. Off for a read. Did anyone watch the dog thing on BBC 2? Not happy about the puppy called Ray. Night all.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-05-2016, 09:32 PM
I haven't seen the program Brenda, not sure if I will get chance to see it tomorrow either. I have been attending training for as long as I have had Kota and I think that is 3years December, the dogs don't mind going and we do get complemented on their behaviour... I doubt we will get our gold but we go along to help other dogs get used to being around dogs again and that is quite rewarding knowing your dog has helped another overcome anxiety and fear . I did take dies to a class but it was awful...we never went back and with Laney we went for his FA and sadly my dad had to go and work all over the u.k so I had to stop, I did manage to get him walking past another dog quite happily
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

17-05-2016, 09:55 AM
Originally Posted by griff View Post
but we go along to help other dogs get used to being around dogs again and that is quite rewarding knowing your dog has helped another overcome anxiety and fear
That must be a wonderful feeling.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

17-05-2016, 09:57 AM
Originally Posted by brenda1 View Post
Sadly this time round a lot aren't returning and don't know why.
Just on of those things I guess. There is a lot of uncertainty in the world right now, like our dogs I'm getting to be a lover of routine, don't like all the nasty things going on abroad and in England too.
Page 5 of 5 « First < 2 3 4 5