Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Surya
New Member!
Male 

09-08-2010, 06:21 PM

Amichien Bonding - change yourself, transform your dog

Hi all, this is my first posting so hello to all. I have read quite a few postings though. I am a little surprised at some of the negative attitiudes toward Amichien Bonding.

I have been applying this method with my own dog and it's been very very good indeed. I wonder how many people think they are doing AB when they are not. It is as much to do with our attitude as it is with the method. If something doesn't work sometimes it is a good thing to look at oneself before criticising. To change our dog, we need to transform ourselves.

Be well, Suryacitta
Krusewalker
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

09-08-2010, 06:30 PM
Originally Posted by Surya View Post
It is as much to do with our attitude as it is with the method. If something doesn't work sometimes it is a good thing to look at oneself before criticising. To change our dog, we need to transform ourselves.

Be well, Suryacitta
the last sentence is stating the obvious, and im not too sure the how any of the above is particulalry AB.

its quite easy to tell if you are doing AB or not, as AB has a specific set of rules and procedures one most apply the same to every dog.
rune
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-08-2010, 06:35 PM
Just another label for some things which have been done for years---no problem with it.

rune
ClaireandDaisy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-08-2010, 07:07 PM
I take it you`ve paid for the course then?
Hello back!
nickmcmechan
Almost a Veteran
Male 

09-08-2010, 07:09 PM
isn't this just the jan fennel stuff?
JoedeeUK
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-08-2010, 07:23 PM
Ms fennell's theories are based on her Human Pyschology qualifications & studies of artifical captive wolf packs.

She believes that humans must dominate dogs the way the "Alpha"leaders of artifical captive wolf packs allegedly dominant their"pack"

Sadly the studies were inheritly flawed, because the wolf "packs"were not made up the same way that real wild wolf packs are made up.

The captive packs are a group of wolves selected by man & placed some form of enclosure & left to develop & breed

Real wild wolf packs are conprised of a fairly unrelated breeding pair & their offspring from their litters. When the offspring become sexually mature they leave the pack & seek out a mate & breed their own pack.

There is no"dominance"involved the parents(or breeding pair as they are called) rear their offspring & after the first annual litter the older siblings help with the reaing of their younger full siblings. The hunters return to feed those left behind so disproving JF's theory that the"pack leader"should eat first !!
Lou
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-08-2010, 08:25 PM
Welcome to Dogsey
Carole
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

09-08-2010, 09:16 PM
Hi and welcome to Dogsey
Annestaff
Supervisor