View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

13-01-2012, 11:07 AM
All the vibes and hugs that I can muster are already on their way to you and Dave. Keep strong Nechda Sheli - keep strong. xxx
Deb/Pugglepup
Almost a Veteran
Female 

13-01-2012, 11:11 AM
OMG Helena! Bet you are out of your mind with worry. Deep breaths.

Hope Dave is going to be okay. Hopefully they will get some tests done, and get to the bottom of it. It's surprising what stress can do to a body.

Hugs winging their way over to you and Dave, and hope all goes well.

You drive carefully to the hospital, hun.

xx
Jackalyn
Dogsey Senior
Female 

13-01-2012, 11:18 AM
Hope he is ok Helena, you must be both so worried. look after yourself too. X
Trouble
Dogsey Veteran

13-01-2012, 11:21 AM
Hugs H and Love to Dave, hopefully they'll get to the bottom of it this time around and he can get it sorted.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-01-2012, 11:25 AM
Thanks all, and I've just picked him up

They took some bloods and the doctor saw him immediately, and apparently, has diagnosed him with a panic attack!!!! She knew this she said (the doc) because of the fact that his hands had clenched and knotted in front of him and doubled in size, coz that's what happens, they paralise and double in size due to the salt and oxygen reaction in the body!! Eh?? The migraine brought this on along with the stress he's currently under, allegedly!

So, he looks about 90 years old and he's only 50, he's white as a ghost, still trembling, so I've packed him off to bed hoping whatever it is, he can sleep it off.

I suppose there's no point in them doing another lumbar puncture or a scan, so we'll just have to go with it. I told him it's about time he had something new anyway!!!!

Phew! Hopefully, another panic over then if you pardon the pun! Me? Well, I just carry on don't I!! To top it all, Zena chucked up her breakfast into that big sausage shape again this morning after they took Dave off, and she hasn't done that for months! Never rains but it pours huh? I'm going to worm the pair of them with the 3 day panacur lunchtime coz it's been 3 months since their Drontil and it usually sorts out this sickness she gets, so I can always hope!

Thanks again for being there, jeeeeze!!! I'm off to Google panic attacks now coz I've never seen anything like the look of Dave when he walked in that door earlier on, it's a new one on me!
esmed
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-01-2012, 11:26 AM
Hope he makes a speedy recovery and is back home with you soon.
Rolosmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-01-2012, 11:29 AM
Well, only just caught up with this, panic attacks can cause awful physical symptoms making it look like lots of other things, must have been an awful worry for you. Good luck in getting it sorted.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

13-01-2012, 11:42 AM
Only just seen this (We always do the weekly food shop on a Friday morning)

The OP had me worried but I'm glad to see he's back with you now, I know 'nowt about 'panic attacks' but it doesn't sound nice but if that's what it was and if the Doc was happy to send him home may be they are not serious.

Best wishes to you all.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-01-2012, 11:43 AM
Well personally, having just Googled, I think their diagnosis is a load of b*llox, because it doesn't say anywhere about the hands doubling in size and being clenched up and held to the chest, whereas, the symptoms of upper limb spasticity does, he had all of these symptoms, plus he does have a neck problem according to his physio woman and he did have a whiplash injury, many, many years ago, so that's my diagnosis coz it fits perfectly!
http://www.openarmscampaign.com/home.aspx/livingwith

Maybe I ought to print it off and take it to the hospital with me if he has another one later then.....

Panic attack my a*se - what's he got to panic about anyway?!!

Having just seen what you put there Rolosmum though I suppose it is possible, because he just said all the doctors thought the same.
Malka
Dogsey Veteran

13-01-2012, 11:45 AM
Panic attacks are horrid and frightening both for the person suffering and for those around him or her.

They can mimic heart attacks, strokes, and all sorts of nasties, but in themselves panic attacks can be, and are, easily treatable.

The thing to remember is that panic attacks do not, normally, lead into heart attacks, strokes etc. They are not sinister forewarnings of anything, just the mind saying that it has had enough of xyz at the moment and shutting down on whatever has caused the xyz.

Hugs, Nechda. Hugs and love. For both of you. xxx
Page 2 of 10 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »