Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Emma
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-02-2010, 12:17 PM
Originally Posted by Borderdawn View Post
Im not saying his actions werent justified, but you know what stories people come out with, they already said he hit her when he didnt. Im just saying what may be said, and wanted him to be prepared if he took it further. People will say anything if to get out of trouble!

Oops, got you now
People can come up with very different stories, especially when they have time to talk to each other and decide on a story to tell to cover their own butts. I would be down at the police station giving my version of events with the friends that were with him to give their side of events also, even if you didnt want to persue it, so it is on record and if the police don't take pictures, I would be seeing a doctor to document that also, as it sounds like very disturbing behaviour these people displayed.
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

14-02-2010, 12:21 PM
Originally Posted by Emrad View Post
Oops, got you now
People can come up with very different stories, especially when they have time to talk to each other and decide on a story to tell to cover their own butts. I would be down at the police station giving my version of events even if you didnt want to persue it, so it is on record and if the police don't take pictures, I would be seeing a doctor to document that also, as it sounds like very disturbing behaviour these people displayed.
I agree, and without evidence , it will become a he said , she said scenario, witnesses can see different things, and will relay different stories, so its always best to do as you suggest, first, get evidence.
lozzibear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-02-2010, 11:35 PM
Originally Posted by scorpio View Post
Oh Lauren, you really are going through it at the moment aren't you?

It sounds like a set-up to me, as Azz said, make sure you get plenty of photos of the injuries your boyfriend has sustained.

It scares me to think what todays youngsters are capable of, I never experienced anything like that in my youth, maybe I led a sheltered life but I went to parties etc., and had nothing but a good time.

I hope you're both feeling better today xxx
It just feels like it constantly one thing on top of the other…

I tried to get him to let me take photos today, but he wouldn’t. he just wants to forget about the whole thing, and doesn’t want it to go any further. He doubts anyone else will take it further, and considering the other ones were the ones beating him up, he thinks they will just drop it.

The thing that scares me, is that they weren’t young… well, not young like we are. he said a few looked like they were in their late 40s and the rest were late 20s… the only young ones was the girl, and her female friends (who didnt take part in it)

Im feeling a bit better today, but he is feeling worse. his back is really sore from falling down the stairs, and he thinks he has a concussion

Originally Posted by Vicki View Post
Oh Lauren, what an awful thing to happen.

Definitely take some photos, as Azz has advised. Just in case the perpetrators decide to blame your BF for the whole thing, this evidence will prove he was the victim.

Hugs honey, to you both x0x
Thanks, he wont let me takes pics but the place where the party was, has CCTV so if it does get taken further they can check it on that… they wont be able to see what injuries he received but they can see what happened.

Originally Posted by Borderdawn View Post
So the Police were not called? His injuries "after the event" will possibly not be admissible as he "could" of procured them later. Why didnt the club staff call the Police? finally, perhaps he shouldnt of laid a finger on her? Just walked away? Im assuming the CCTV will show the event? That could exonerate him completely.

Im not trying to be awkward, just thinking out loud, knowing what "could" be asked in the event of taking it further. Better to be prepared.

Hope he feels better today.
The police were called, not sure who called them though. might have been the staff, or other people who were in the party. He wishes he didn’t have to lay a finger on her, but she hit him 3 times so he shouldn’t have to just stand there and take. He has the right to defend himself. He hates men who hit women, and has never once hit me (apart from play fighting lol) and I never fear that he could hit me, coz I know he wont. But I think he was entitled to push her away, and if I had been there she would have got a punch, wrong I know, but I would never stand by and watch someone hurt him. there is CCTV in the place so if it does go further (don’t think it will) there is that to back up his side.

I wish he felt better today, but he actually feels worse
lozzibear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-02-2010, 12:02 AM
Originally Posted by Emrad View Post
Oh Lauren that sounds so horrid, I have to say I wouldn't be going to a party of a friend of a friend of the person holding it, not to say that its is Joe's fault at all just an observation.
The story sounds all too familiar these days, it seems to be such a regular act when parties and alcohol mix.
First off chick, calm in no way could you see that coming, I get Joe doesnt want to go out in the future he has just been involved in a horrible situation, it will settle in time and make him more cautious for sure.
For now as Azz said take photo's and if he can see a doctor so they can document the injuries as well (photo's are good but a doctor can stand up and show his medical report and it holds a lot of weight).
I am not sure if you can do it, but here you can make a statement to the police without deciding to press charges, just wondering if that is an option for him as often things blur in time and if anything happens in the future it will be on record (say he ever runs into one of these fools) and can be taken further (of course withstanding staute of limitations).
Can't stand how women think they can hit men any more that the opposite way, all for equal rights but if Joe were to hit back it would be seen as the lowest of low acts.
It is gonna take a while for him to get it in perspective that it is a reflection on the people who got involved the fight not him.
I doubt they would have put him in a van and he would never been seen again........you know why...............most people that do that sort of thing, don't say it they just do it it was more a case of the police were coming and it would have put an end to the night, and they could be arrested for assault
Hugs, Joe will be alright and it is a good sign when you worry it shows you care (just not good for the nerves)
Joe just went coz his friend said it was ok, if they had gone up and civilly said they weren’t welcome, then they would have left. Going in heavy handed is completely wrong of them, and not the way to deal with the situation.

Ive tried to get him to go to the docs (worried about the concussion) but he never goes im working on it though, coz he is in a lot of pain with his head and back.

I hate that women think they can hit and man and not expect a reaction too, its so unfair. His friend was actually beaten up and stabbed a few years ago, now if anyone shows the slightest sign of aggression, he will lash out (psychologically he is very scarred) and he even admitted to joe that if that happened to him, he would have hit her. I don’t think its ever right to hit someone, but why can she hit him 3 times and then joe is the bad guy for just pushing her away from him! it makes me so mad, if she had been a guy, and joe hit him, then he would be no where need as much as a bad guy coz it would be a guy he hit.

I doubt they would have put him in a van, but that kind of thing does happen. Its one of those things where you think it would never happen to you… but it happens to someone, so the thought that could be joe terrifies the life out of me. im glad the police arrived when they did, coz if not it could have been worse…

Originally Posted by Jackbox View Post
Was this party in a house or a club, if a club surely there will be CCTV in use, to back up his claims,

Maybe with hindsight (a wonderful thing) he and his friends should have left when they first got wind of them not being welcome.

If CCTV was in play surely it will show that she was the one who hit a man with his back to her... as you say she hit him on the back of the neck, then the back of his head..so he must have been with his back to her... how did she then manage to hit him in the fact when he turned to look at his friend.

All this should be on record if he 1) wishes to make a complaint 2) any complaints come from her side.

Were the police called, as he said the police were driving down, ,

I can understand you being upset, but not sure what you meant be "being put in a van and never being seen again" ?

Playing devils advocate here, and by no means am I excusing what took place, but the "drink" fueled attack may have come from an angle of ... her friends seeing her being "pushed" by a bloke they don't know..!!! and were reacting in defence of her........

But as always when to much drink is involved things get out of hand, and this seems to have been on of them.

I am sure he will recover, but as others have said, he must make some kind of note of this.. maybe go to the A&E and have the injuries set on record, also make a formal complaint to the police, if for no other reason to protect himself.

Although I doubt anything will come of it, as it all seemed to be fueled by alcohol,
The party was in a kind of pub/hotel/restaurant place, and they have a function room for parties and weddings. They have CCTV there so if the police look at it, they can see that joe didn’t do anything but defend himself.

They probably should have left, but if someone went up and explained they weren’t welcome then they would have left. but they hadn’t done anything wrong, so didn’t think it would be so hostile. He even told me today, that there was a wee boy around 7 or 8 playing with a balloon, and he started a game with joe where they were hitting the balloon to each other.

They were standing in a kind of square shape (the girl, joe and his 2 friends) so joe was at a kind of right angle to her (and she was right next to him), so that’s how she hit the back of his head and neck. Then he turned his head the opposite way to her (so like a 180 degree angle) and so while he wasn’t looking punched his face. not sure if that makes sense, difficult to explain lol.

The police must have been called, but not sure who called them. probably people who work there, or maybe others from the party.

The bit about the van is what they said… they were basically saying that a van would go down, take him away and kill him . I know the chances of that are very slim, but some people do sick things like that, and its one of those ‘it wont happen to me’ situations.

They might have been acting in defence of her, but she hit him 3 times so he had the right to defend himself too. same as his mates jumped into the fight to try and get them off him, with such an out number though they would never have been able to.

I don’t think anything will come of it, sadly this happens all the time around here so it’s a common occurrence.
mishflynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-02-2010, 06:36 AM
when i was on Jury, The case was a ABH case, no witnessess & the "victim" went to the hospital & police 3 days later. If he just goes to the police now & says he wants to proscute then they will
Pidge
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-02-2010, 07:51 AM
I'm sorry but if there is CCTV evidence I think he has a responsibility to report it. If it really went the way he said it did then there is evidence now to prove that and catching these people might go towards helping to stop it happening to other people, either by them or by fear of getting caught generally.

He needs to report it ASAP!
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

15-02-2010, 08:59 AM
Originally Posted by Pidge View Post
I'm sorry but if there is CCTV evidence I think he has a responsibility to report it. If it really went the way he said it did then there is evidence now to prove that and catching these people might go towards helping to stop it happening to other people, either by them or by fear of getting caught generally.

I have to agree , for someone to be beaten up to such an extent, has a duty to report it..specially as there is CCTV evidence to back it up.

If as Pidge says, the events went the way your BF says, and he was only defending himself, he will have a case (with the footage) to back him up.
Cassius
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-02-2010, 11:20 AM
Originally Posted by lozzibear View Post
Joe just went coz his friend said it was ok, if they had gone up and civilly said they weren’t welcome, then they would have left. Going in heavy handed is completely wrong of them, and not the way to deal with the situation. So why on earth didn't they leave when they were told they would be chucked out? I would have!

Ive tried to get him to go to the docs (worried about the concussion) but he never goes im working on it though, coz he is in a lot of pain with his head and back.
Joe should go to his GP at least if only to document the injuries. As it was a couple of days ago the brusing would now have come out completely. You should also get him to allow you to take photos of ALL his injuries, no matter how small or trivial they seem; even small scratches.

I hate that women think they can hit and man and not expect a reaction too, its so unfair. His friend was actually beaten up and stabbed a few years ago, now if anyone shows the slightest sign of aggression, he will lash out (psychologically he is very scarred) and he even admitted to joe that if that happened to him, he would have hit her. I don’t think its ever right to hit someone, but why can she hit him 3 times and then joe is the bad guy for just pushing her away from him! it makes me so mad, if she had been a guy, and joe hit him, then he would be no where need as much as a bad guy coz it would be a guy he hit.

I doubt they would have put him in a van, but that kind of thing does happen. Its one of those things where you think it would never happen to you… but it happens to someone, so the thought that could be joe terrifies the life out of me. im glad the police arrived when they did, coz if not it could have been worse…
i think I've misunderstood your previous post. Did the Police actually get called and talk to people at the party? I was under the impresiion they were just driving past.

The party was in a kind of pub/hotel/restaurant place, and they have a function room for parties and weddings. They have CCTV there so if the police look at it, they can see that joe didn’t do anything but defend himself. The way I'm readin git, Joe didn't defend himself. For him to be injured to that extent, he didn't do anything to defend himself IMO. If he did MMA, then whe didn't he use his training to prevent them from hitting him further?

They probably should have left, but if someone went up and explained they weren’t welcome then they would have left. but they hadn’t done anything wrong, so didn’t think it would be so hostile. At the end of the day (and I'm not condoning what they did to Joe), they were told they were being chucked out. That in itself can be seen as hostile but either way, it would have been clear that Joe nad his friends weren't welcome any longer and should've just left.He even told me today, that there was a wee boy around 7 or 8 playing with a balloon, and he started a game with joe where they were hitting the balloon to each other. I didn't think they were there long enough for this. I thought they were there long enough to get as drink, stand around talking and then it all kicked off. When did the little boy come into it? I hope he wasn't caught up in the fighting.

They were standing in a kind of square shape (the girl, joe and his 2 friends) so joe was at a kind of right angle to her (and she was right next to him), so that’s how she hit the back of his head and neck. Then he turned his head the opposite way to her (so like a 180 degree angle) and so while he wasn’t looking punched his face. not sure if that makes sense, difficult to explain lol.

The police must have been called, but not sure who called them. probably people who work there, or maybe others from the party. If the Ppolice were called by someone at the party they would've gone into the premises, spoken to people and taken statements. They also would have insisted that Joe go to A&E just to get checked out if he had a head injury (concussion).

The bit about the van is what they said… they were basically saying that a van would go down, take him away and kill him . If they've threatened to kill him, he absolutely MUST report this. This is a SERIOUS criminal offence. Threats to kill are taken seriously by the Police. Please report it today. If Joe won't do it, then you should report it for him.I know the chances of that are very slim, but some people do sick things like that, and its one of those ‘it wont happen to me’ situations. The actual chance of it happeneing are irrelevant. The point is, they've threatend to kill him. You're clearly taking it seriously so it has to be reported. Please do it today. It really shouldn't have been left this long.

They might have been acting in defence of her, but she hit him 3 times so he had the right to defend himself too. same as his mates jumped into the fight to try and get them off him, with such an out number though they would never have been able to. But again, they may not have seen her hit Joe.. They may onyl have seen him push her.

I don’t think anything will come of it, sadly this happens all the time around here so it’s a common occurrence.
Laura xx .
lozzibear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-02-2010, 01:10 PM
Originally Posted by mishflynn View Post
when i was on Jury, The case was a ABH case, no witnessess & the "victim" went to the hospital & police 3 days later. If he just goes to the police now & says he wants to proscute then they will
Originally Posted by Pidge View Post

Originally Posted by Jackbox View Post
I have to agree , for someone to be beaten up to such an extent, has a duty to report it..specially as there is CCTV evidence to back it up.

If as Pidge says, the events went the way your BF says, and he was only defending himself, he will have a case (with the footage) to back him up.
im trying to talk him into this, and to go to the doctors, but he just wants to forget it. we have seen this happen too much to other people, both who we dont know and who we do, and it never goes further than the attacker spending a night in a cell. i know if he persues it further, the police will have to take it further but its seen as such a common thing to happen now. he also doesnt hold much trust in the police sadly, like many people these days.
lilypup
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-02-2010, 01:17 PM
Originally Posted by lozzibear View Post
im trying to talk him into this, and to go to the doctors, but he just wants to forget it. we have seen this happen too much to other people, both who we dont know and who we do, and it never goes further than the attacker spending a night in a cell. i know if he persues it further, the police will have to take it further but its seen as such a common thing to happen now. he also doesnt hold much trust in the police sadly, like many people these days.
it's so hard isn't it and i can understand him saying that he just wants to leave it now. it is just such a shame that he holds so little faith in the police but i guess if he's seen similar things happen with little or no repercussion, then it would be pointless to go further.

trouble is the more more people that do nothing means nothing will get done. hugs to you both lauren. xxxxxxxx
Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >