Our sister sites
Our sister sites
mad4foxhounds
Dogsey Junior
Female 

15-01-2010, 06:45 AM

Foxhounds in need

hi guys,
i have three foxhounds in need of new homes. the male hounds are social and good with people, they walk well on leads, they are living in my house so house trained, they are used to being in a crate over night, sleeping for 8 hours now.
they are a cruelty case from Middlesbourgh dog warden. they were part of 6 but the other three are not able to be rehomed due to bad health problems.
these hounds are shy when they first meet people but not aggressive. they have been kept out side feed almost nothing, (smallest one when came into welfare was only 20kg) which was 11kgs under weight,
they are from private pack which means they ARE Not tattooed.
i have worked with these hounds to gain trust and improve the quailty of life.
now im just looking for good dogy homes of them. they enjoy one good walk a day, they are also good off lead once trust is there. they love their food and once a bit more time is spent with them in a new family environment they will have a chance to really come out of there shells.
they are castrated micro chipped and up to date with wormer's vaccines. donation asked for to help with the hound in the future. vetted dogy homes only.
im not sure how to post photos but will look in to it.
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-01-2010, 07:00 AM
They sound lovely. Shame they had such a horrible experience.

Hope you find good homes for them soon

x0x
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-01-2010, 07:20 AM
What a horrid start. Good for you helping them through it, I hope you find thier Forever homes xxxxxxxx Best wishes
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-01-2010, 07:36 PM
I love foxhounds. I do hope you find the right homes for these three really soon.
lozzibear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-01-2010, 09:06 PM
aw, thats so sad what a terrible start in life they have had. i hope they find their forever homes soon.
mad4foxhounds
Dogsey Junior
Female 

06-02-2010, 06:01 AM
just a update these hound have really started to come out of their shells, they love playing with toys tennis balls are a fav, they have been learning recall of lead and are responsing well, kind caring owners now needed for give these hounds one on one that they are so very much in need of, familys with older children(only due to size) or people who are used to large active breeds.
mad4foxhounds
Dogsey Junior
Female 

29-08-2010, 12:58 PM
ANOTHER UPDATE,
hi guys,
just to say we are down to two out of the three hounds, but we have two more coming into care, one was let down by the local shelter in placing in the right home 3 times! and he's only a year old. and the oldest one is around 8 years and is looking for a forever home.
all are clean over night in the house, walk well on lead and love being with people and other dogs.
if anyone local could help us walk ect it would be great,
as our other local foster home are on holiday at the moment for three weeks.
i just wish i could find out where or who have these litters of untattooed hounds, and do something about them.
thanks for listening. lol
danielle0211
Dogsey Junior
Female 

19-09-2010, 07:39 PM
I would love a foxhound do you think they would do agility? They should have plenty of drive for it I would have thought!
mad4foxhounds
Dogsey Junior
Female 

19-09-2010, 09:10 PM
Hi danielle i do agilty with my two my oldest only does it every now and again. but my two year old loves it.
and i do obedience with my two. too, it depends on the rescue we have a yound dog (year old)hound that is need of training and activity such as agility. email or visit our welfare pages, full list of hounds in need on there