Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
spaznchevy
Dogsey Senior
Female 

03-03-2010, 10:46 PM

Weird Behaviours Your Dog Has??

Well my pup has 2, she will not chew on a rawhide bone unless she is right next to me if im not right their it wont happen she'll hide it until bed time then bring it out while im layin down...And shes very friendly with new people usually unless shes on a leash she starts barkin at them and stuff i'm slowly breakin her out of it I will ask the people to come over and pet her after they approach her she's ok

any weird things your dog/s do?
Luckypirate
Dogsey Senior
Female 

03-03-2010, 10:54 PM
Awww that's really sweet, like she only trusts it when you're there. My boy can't have rawhide at all, he tends to swallow it whole and get ill!
He's also weird when he meets other dogs, he's really friendly in all other ways, but he raises his hackles every time! So sometimes other dogs think he's being aggressive, I have to be careful...
He also toasts himself in front of the fire until he burns =/ have to be really careful. He absorbs the heat because he's black and doesn't seem to notice!
spaznchevy
Dogsey Senior
Female 

03-03-2010, 10:59 PM
awwww thats sweet he loves that fire ive always wanted a dog that likes to sit in front of the fire with me never happen lol he sounds like such a sweet boy hat and she is a sweet dog when she wants to be
Kerryowner
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-03-2010, 06:36 PM
Cherry has one very strange (to my mind) habit. It started when I was washing some strawberries and dropped one on the floor. I washed it again and put it in her food dish on top of her dinner. When I put her bowl down she looked in the dish then gave me a stare, picked the strawberry out, put it on her place mat and ate her meal. Only when she had finished did she eat the strawberry!!

Perhaps she is fussy and likes her afters separate?
Tillymint
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-03-2010, 06:47 PM
Originally Posted by Kerryowner View Post
Cherry has one very strange (to my mind) habit. It started when I was washing some strawberries and dropped one on the floor. I washed it again and put it in her food dish on top of her dinner. When I put her bowl down she looked in the dish then gave me a stare, picked the strawberry out, put it on her place mat and ate her meal. Only when she had finished did she eat the strawberry!!

Perhaps she is fussy and likes her afters separate?
That's so funny
When I give Tilly her bone, she drops it on my knee & then says please (taps me with her paw) so I give it to her. She then bares her teeth at me & drops it on my knee again & asks for it again. It's weird!! I think she wants me to hold it while she chews
wufflehoond
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-03-2010, 07:10 PM
Cassie won't dig a hole on the beach until we're close enough to watch. She likes to have an audience!
Tillymint
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-03-2010, 08:28 PM
Originally Posted by wufflehoond View Post
Cassie won't dig a hole on the beach until we're close enough to watch. She likes to have an audience!
That's just reminded me of another one which is quite new - it looks funnier than it sounds but Tilly has dug this hole in the middle of the garden, she works on it a bit each day - she digs a bit & then goes crazy doing zoomies around it! It looks like some crazy cult ritual!!
yodaisblind
Dogsey Junior
Male 

04-03-2010, 09:03 PM
my little staff 7mth old will tell us when its bed time she will go to the bottom of the stairs where the gate is and then start crying untill we get up to go to bed and then run off to the toilet and then come straight to bed
akitagirl
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-03-2010, 09:41 PM
Zeke walks past a couple of streams on our usual walks, but there is one stream just over the bridge on the main road through the village that he ALWAYS has to stop dead and stare down at for a good nosey everytime! I don't know what he has seen there in the past but it makes me smile everytime!
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-03-2010, 10:49 PM
Reah has a few
when she thinks its meal time she shuffles her dish about.
She lies on her bed to eat...carries the dish to her bed mind
And when she's finished she gets the bowl and chucks it off her bed
Last but not least bedtime, she refuses to move till I say go on then, does she go to the kitchen...nope she heads upstairs

Skye sulks for England, if anything is moved or I put her bed outside whilst doing the kitchen floor, she refuses to get off it and sits outside then sulks for ages afterwards.

Bruce barks when people goes out but loves people coming in
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >