Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
JoedeeUK
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-12-2013, 03:55 PM
Whatever

The litter is an unplanned negligent litter & unless both parents are both health tested the pregnancy should have been terminated as it is with 42 days of mating. Sorry but over 80,000 labradors are bred in the Uk annually(yes 80,000)so really no need to breed any more from pet dogs, half of all Labradors bred are not registered or health tested & bred from"pets" & the breed is Labrador Retriever(Yellow)
icemaiden123
Dogsey Junior
Female 

06-12-2013, 11:00 AM
Regardless of whether the litter was planned or unplanned, the thread starter and her vet have decided it is in the best interest of the mother to continue with the pregnancy.

The thread starter was asking for advice not condemnation, she has found herself in this situation and is now trying to do the best for both the mother and the pups. Constructive advice would be more helpful at this point rather than attacking them!
labgirl
New Member!
Female 

06-12-2013, 11:55 AM
if you gave me chance to speak instead of jumping down my throat, she is health tested and lucky for me where we stay there are not alot of dogs in my daughters area and we know the Black Labrador that she got caught with. BOTH are health tested and have been in touch with BNIB and they are going to take 2 of the pups on approval. But thank you to everyone else who replied.
People are too quickly to judge other people on this forum accidents too happen to PEOPLE to that does not mean i would tell someone to get an abortion because they are children etc in homes
labgirl
New Member!
Female 

06-12-2013, 12:00 PM
ooops.. get it right Labrador Retriever whom is Black and stunning by all accounts
JoedeeUK
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-12-2013, 12:08 PM
Aborting children & terminating a bitch's pregancy are NOT the same, there are few BABIES in foster/children homes. How fortunate that the father is the same breed(not sure how you can know that if the puppies haven't been born)& fully health tested & of a suitable pedigree to produce excellent examples of the breed.

Both KC registered I presume ?? If so then be very careful when you register the litter as the stud dog owner has to sign to confirm that your bitch was mated by their dog, if they didn't witness this then they cannot sign the form & the KC must be informed that no one witnessed the mating & the KC will probably require Parental DNA tests being done before they register the litter. Could be the bitch was mated by one or more dogs of course

BNIB ???? who are they

Accident-an event that happens by chance or that is without apparent or deliberate cause-hm entire bitch-season-mated-litter doesn't quite fit IMHO
JoedeeUK
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-12-2013, 12:12 PM
ooops.. get it right Labrador Retriever whom is Black and stunning by all accounts
Black Labrador is acceptable as Black is a standard colour in Labrador as are yellow & chocolate-no Gold or Golden
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2