Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
matsuura.9
New Member!
Female 

03-12-2013, 03:06 PM
Originally Posted by Malka View Post

Well done for rescuing Hachi from the shelter! I can see what you mean about looking a bit like a Border Terrier in some of the photos but really have no idea what breed/s he is. He is just lovely!

Possibly others will be along shortly who have more knowledge than I, and in the meantime

Thank you so much Malka and everyone here! We have always wanted to adopt a shelter dog for a long time. When we went to the shelter Hachi was sitting quietly in his kennel and looking at us. We had no idea what kind of dog he is but we fell in love with him immediately.

We are trying to figure out his breeds so we could know/train him and accommondate his needs better. But we love him so much no matter what his is made of. Thank you all for your welcoming and love to him!
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-12-2013, 03:11 PM
He is lovely but goodness only knows what he is
I'm going to be different and say I can't see Border terrier in him! A Border Terrier has a shorter muzzle and shorter legs.
Anyway I doubt if it matters, he is a gorgeous dog. Forget the GSD and go with the terrier mix which is probably nearer the mark anyway
lore
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-12-2013, 09:11 PM
I can see Border but goodness knows what else. In the words of James Herriot 'He's a wee broon dug'. Very cute with it too
Bobble
Dogsey Senior
Female 

04-12-2013, 09:58 AM
Definately a terrier head and the colour makes us think BT. I also thought GSD, but the side on photos could be lurcher. If he is terrier x GSD x Lurcher - expect a intelligent, loyal companion. He is a beautiful dog and you love him, so that is what really matters. x
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2