View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Cath
Dogsey Senior
Female 

01-12-2013, 07:02 PM
I love the search facility, got to say I've found it very handy since joining!
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-12-2013, 07:16 PM
Originally Posted by Baxter8 View Post
Got is card marked, got his number, one step ahead and am well and truly on to him - even then he still surprises me sometimes!
Same here with the Ayatollah Baxter. But I have to say it is DIFFICULT to keep a straight face with the little mini menace sometimes.

*but then I used to have the same problem when reprimanding my kids lol! Difficult to get them to take you seriously when they can see you can hardly stop yourself dissolving into a fit of the giggles!
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-12-2013, 07:44 PM
I don't know why Tang. Does it actually stop you entering?
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-12-2013, 07:49 PM
Well I remember reading overseas members couldn't enter. Or remember Malka saying that tho' she did the reminder thingies she couldn't go in for it? (But then she doesn't have a pukka UK address and all that like I do?)

I have asked before but had no answer!

As 'Kevin' would say ... not fair!

Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

01-12-2013, 08:14 PM
You can enter Tang, as I do but, as I said when someone queried why I did the reminders because if I won I could not have the Steam Mop, if I did win I would donate it to a worthy cause.
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-12-2013, 08:32 PM
This is the last month isn't it?
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

01-12-2013, 08:36 PM
Originally Posted by Nippy View Post
This is the last month isn't it?
Yup - and you have another chance today! Steam Mop Extra Bonus Day!
Mattie
Dogsey Senior
Female 

01-12-2013, 09:03 PM
Originally Posted by Tang View Post
True but one thing I do notice is if newcomers revive a very old thread they are sort of 'told off' for doing so. But it's easy to do inadvertently because I remember when I first signed up it suggests related threads for your question at the bottom of the screen. And some of them are years and years old. As are some of the Dogsey Google results returned for general dog related questions. You see your 'problem' click on that and it takes you to an ancient thread.

I don't really have a problem with that. Answers to some problems don't change. You can tell by some posts to an old thread that people just don't notice the DATE. Because they will jump in with an answer to a question asked years ago by an OP who never returned.
I often don't know who the poster is, the date just doesn't exist for me.

Originally Posted by Nippy View Post
Maybe they want a steam mop
What steam mop?

What I have found with other forums is so many members have to have their say in a thread were someone is asking for help, it is as if they HAVE to look good by giving information. Thankfully it doesn't happen on here.

Someone asks for help, they get good advice but too much can confuse the owner not help them. I used to find it very frustrating on other boards which I no longer go on, when people give advice for when the dog has improved a lot instead of were the dog is now. People were leaving because they couldn't work out what to do and those that tried everything found it made their dogs worse because they were trying too much too quickly. Thankfully on here when the advice is given others either agree or keep quiet, they don't confuse the owner.

I am working with someone by email and phone who this happened to, there was so much information for the different stages that she was confused, I contacted her by pm and started to work with her. I didn't tell he what to do with her dog, she lived 150 miles away so I couldn't see the dog but by teaching her how a dog learns, giving information were she could find out how to read a dog's body language etc. her dog is now greatly improved. I have never felt the need to do this on here nor felt like pulling my hair out.
Dogloverlou
Dogsey Senior
Female 

01-12-2013, 10:20 PM
I guess I'm a newbie even though I've been a member since 2011. However, I'm also a member of another forum which is predominately US based and I am VERY active there and enjoy the site. It's a little hard trying to join in on new forums sometimes, and I'll admit, I've found this site a little slow at times in terms of responses and activity. But I'm definitely not a post and run type
Mandyuk1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-12-2013, 07:06 AM
I love this site, came across it when searching for something,
If I don't agree with something posted, I just think well that's your opinion, I ' not bothered where someone is from. I too have looked at older posts and not realised when they were posted, forgot to look at date lol
I've always found this site helpful and friendly
Page 4 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >