Dogsey Senior
Female 

03-12-2013, 09:46 AM
She looks a really sweetie and so typically Ute lol
Gemini54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-12-2013, 09:56 AM
Hi The new dog behaviourist has told us no cuddles or fuss,she has to work for everything,I am going to try,but like your photo its so hard to refuse,and its also harder when you have two dogs,and only one has special needs to be addressed,but you cannot give the other dog affection either,it's just so hard,but keeping fingers cross that it will be worth it this time.Gemini54
Imana-Banana
Dogsey Senior
Female 

03-12-2013, 03:48 PM
Can they not have separate time Gem?

Don't get me wrong I can be one tough cookie when I need to be but Ima has her own special time with me since we got Molly, I think it's important for her to know I'm still there
Gemini54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-12-2013, 04:48 PM
Originally Posted by Imana-Banana View Post
Can they not have separate time Gem?

Don't get me wrong I can be one tough cookie when I need to be but Ima has her own special time with me since we got Molly, I think it's important for her to know I'm still there
Hi Do yours get jealous,I know a lot of people say dogs have no perception,if I make a fuss of Holly the little one bites her legs,have recently taken Holly with me to give her extra attention,but its not easy,maybe because they are both bitches,but sometimes they really fight.I am hoping to have the little one spayed and hope it will improve her temprement.But your dog looks like a big softy and I was surprised that in the photo's she also goes to your OH for a cuddle,mine are mummy girls,and will rarely go to my OH for a fuss.All dogs are differant.Thankyou for your advice its much appreciated because its so hard sometimes with a special needs dog, you are constantly worried on how to handle the situation and doing any more damage to her Gemini54
Imana-Banana
Dogsey Senior
Female 

03-12-2013, 06:06 PM
Originally Posted by Gemini54 View Post
Hi Do yours get jealous,I know a lot of people say dogs have no perception,if I make a fuss of Holly the little one bites her legs,have recently taken Holly with me to give her extra attention,but its not easy,maybe because they are both bitches,but sometimes they really fight.I am hoping to have the little one spayed and hope it will improve her temprement.But your dog looks like a big softy and I was surprised that in the photo's she also goes to your OH for a cuddle,mine are mummy girls,and will rarely go to my OH for a fuss.All dogs are differant.Thankyou for your advice its much appreciated because its so hard sometimes with a special needs dog, you are constantly worried on how to handle the situation and doing any more damage to her Gemini54
I don't know what the emotion is but yes if one gets attention the other will want to join in until I know they are both completely relaxed in each other's company I keep them apart, much easier to preempt and stop fights before they happen than undo the potential damage. At the moment they can be in the same room as long as they stay calm and relaxed, as soon as Molly gets over excited we leave the room, Ima tries really hard and gives Molly overly positive signals (even Dan can see them ) but Molly doesn't understand yet. So for now it's slow and sure. As for softy she will cuddle any one she sees as family
Margaret
Dogsey Senior
Female 

03-12-2013, 06:16 PM
Lovely funny photo's give her a big cuddle from me pleeeeeeeese
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

03-12-2013, 06:18 PM
That is so so sad that Molly doesn't even understand 'dog talk' that means she was taken away from her mum extremely early for her not to be able to understand another dogs attempts to communicate
Imana-Banana
Dogsey Senior
Female 

03-12-2013, 07:13 PM
Originally Posted by Margaret View Post
Lovely funny photo's give her a big cuddle from me pleeeeeeeese
Oh go on then..............
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-12-2013, 10:57 PM
Originally Posted by Imana-Banana View Post
Oh go on then..............
If that was my dog I would just never get out of the armchair or off the sofa or wherever else she decided to plonk herself down on me!

Can't stop coming back to have another look at her!
Imana-Banana
Dogsey Senior
Female 

04-12-2013, 09:43 AM
Can't imagine Bella would be too pleased if you took Banana home, unless of course she thought you had brought her a new fur bed to sleep on
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >