Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
nickmcmechan
Almost a Veteran
Male 

14-07-2012, 11:00 AM
Originally Posted by Bevm View Post
When we first had Ben and he barked at the gate when things went pass I would stand behind him a wave a really nice treat under his nose .The minute he was distracted and went for treat said thankyou Ben and took him away .Practiced this so as soon as I said thankyou he would look to me for treat and stop barking m.Then moved further away from him and gate said thankyou when he barked and he would then come to me for treat.Now if hes barking at gate and Im indoors I shout thankyou and he stops barking and comes in for treat.Did this with last dog as well and worked alyhough not saying it works for every dog.I always make sure I have a few treats in my pocket if I in the garden so if he starts barking I can say thankyou and he stops.
I like that technique

I don't like this one so much:

Originally Posted by Trouble View Post
Outside I just threaten them with the hose pipe, hold it as though I'm going to squirt them and I get instant silence. If they should persist they get a warning shot about 3 feet in front of them and they then decide it's not worth the trouble.
Trouble
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

14-07-2012, 11:03 AM
Originally Posted by nickmcmechan View Post
I like that technique

I don't like this one so much:

Bovvered !!!!
nickmcmechan
Almost a Veteran
Male 

14-07-2012, 11:14 AM
Bovvered !!!!

just in case....i never said i din't like it, just didn't like it as much as the other advice given
Trouble
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

14-07-2012, 11:52 AM
Originally Posted by nickmcmechan View Post

just in case....i never said i din't like it, just didn't like it as much as the other advice given

No need to explain, I probably should have used a smilie but was in a hurry and no I'm not bovvered .
My way involves no raised voices and works very well for multiple dogs, having had builders/developers next door for over a year now it's also had plenty of practice.
nickmcmechan
Almost a Veteran
Male 

14-07-2012, 12:34 PM
No need to explain, I probably should have used a smilie but was in a hurry and no I'm not bovvered .
My way involves no raised voices and works very well for multiple dogs, having had builders/developers next door for over a year now it's also had plenty of practice.
cool....
Moon's Mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-07-2012, 01:27 PM
If she barks, take her inside. Wait a few mins then let her out, if she barks take her in again. Boring and repetitive but she'll soon get the message that barking = no garden!
pippam
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-07-2012, 01:42 PM
Originally Posted by Moon's Mum View Post
If she barks, take her inside. Wait a few mins then let her out, if she barks take her in again. Boring and repetitive but she'll soon get the message that barking = no garden!
Been trying that sadly not been working :<
pippam
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-07-2012, 01:48 PM
Outside I just threaten them with the hose pipe, hold it as though I'm going to squirt them and I get instant silence. If they should persist they get a warning shot about 3 feet in front of them and they then decide it's not worth the trouble.
Last year Millie had it for the green house flooring kept trying to tear it up along with any pots she could her teeth into so I got a squirty spray bottle and at the moment she was having a diva I gave a spray on the bottom and she ran out she now know what OUT means ^_^

She still goes in the green house now and but doesn't behave like a diva in there.
nickmcmechan
Almost a Veteran
Male 

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >