Our sister sites
Our sister sites
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-04-2011, 09:54 AM

Wonderful story

Hope they get a wonderful home xxxxxxxx

The blind dog who needs a new home... and he comes with his own guide dogBy Daily Mail Reporter

When ten-year-old Zac went blind his companion Lilli stepped in to prove that a dog’s best friend is ... another dog.
Now Zac, who had his eyes removed five years ago, relies on his fellow Jack Russell terrier to guide him everywhere.
He stays inches from her side on walks, and she lets him rest his head on her when he becomes tired or disorientated.

Leading the way: Zac, right, and his guide dog Lilli are looking for a new home
The pair have been inseparable since they were taken in as stray pups a decade ago, and when an eye infection cost Zac his sight, Lilli became his guide dog.

The pair’s owner has moved abroad and they are seeking a new home. Sarah Bussell, of the Blue Cross charity in Tiverton, Devon, said Zac would be lost without Lilli, and the dogs had to be re-homed together.
She said: ‘'They are totally inseparable and seem to have an almost telepathic understanding, which is quite amazing to see.
Inseparable: Zac, left, lost his eyes after an infection and now relies on fellow terrier Lilli to be his guide dog
'Zak sniffs and smells Lilli and stays close to her so he can tell which way to go when they are out and about.
'She provides reassurance for him and actually physically guides him by nudging him in the right direction when he loses his way. Lilli stays by his side all the time and is very patient.

Affectionate chap: Zac likes attention
'She obviously knows he is different to the other dogs and is careful to walk round him and not knock into him too much.
'When he is off the lead they live together in the re-homing part of the shelter and they are really close.'
This is not the first time Zac has been in care as he was first taken in by the Blue Cross centre many years ago when he was a pup. However his devastated owner was forced to return him after she emigrated and couldn't take her beloved dogs with her.
The charity is hoping a nice family will take the pair in, where they can live a quiet life with a good routine.
Sarah added: 'Zac is a very affectionate chap and he enjoys attention. Because he can't see, his others senses are heightened and his little tail starts wagging as soon as you walk in.
'He is still a very happy dog and lives a fulfilled life.
'His new owner would need to be aware not to move things around so that Zac can have a clear route around the house and he'd need to be on a lead when he goes on walks.
'In return Zac and Lilli would be such a rewarding companions and give lots of affection to whoever adopts them.'
If you can offer Zac and Lilli a good home, contact the Blue Cross on 01884 855291.

Team terrier: Blue Cross workers Carly Jarman and Rachel Sirdefield with Zac and Lilli. Staff say the two dogs share a 'telepath

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...#ixzz1JIjG3VVW
k9paw
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-04-2011, 10:25 AM
It is wonderful story, hope the two special little dogs find a loving home soon x
spockky boy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-04-2011, 10:40 AM
Bless! I hope they find a wonder home together!
Dooley
Dogsey Junior
Female 

12-04-2011, 12:12 PM
saw them yesterday in the national press , gorgeous little dogs i really hope they both get a home they truely deserve bless them both. x
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-04-2011, 12:21 PM
Saw this in the mail, they look super together.
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-04-2011, 12:31 PM
Answering all of you

Don't they look a lovely pair, If I had the room I'd have them, they SO deserve a loving home xxx
Pilgrim
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-04-2011, 12:32 PM
Awww how touching They will be snapped up in no time
Velvetboxers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-04-2011, 12:33 PM
Originally Posted by youngstevie View Post
Answering all of you

Don't they look a lovely pair, If I had the room I'd have them, they SO deserve a loving home xxx
Totally agree!
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-04-2011, 12:33 PM
Originally Posted by Pilgrim View Post
Awww how touching They will be snapped up in no time
I hope so, it shows how much love there is between these two and anyone having them will IMO be so lucky