View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
bajaluna
Almost a Veteran
Female 

13-04-2008, 10:30 PM
you use word like "figures suggest" average numbers and we must assume and you expect people to take that as truth bring on the cold hard truth,numbers and facts without the averages, assumptions and suggestions and then we will have a real thread
bajaluna
Almost a Veteran
Female 

13-04-2008, 10:31 PM
Originally Posted by Jodie View Post
Banjaluna
Youve highlighted exactly my point.
The racing industry and its supporters very rarely tell the truth. They only disclose what they want the public to know and what will not further damage the image of the racing industry.
Thank you for making that clear to the readers.
you prove that
Jodie
Dogsey Senior
Female 

13-04-2008, 10:40 PM
Perhaps if you actually read and digested what was said, we might get somewhere with this debate.
All those words like 'suggest' 'assume' were used by an All Parliamentary Group, not by antis. They had to use those phrases because the racing industry didnt keep records (or of they did, they said they didnt) It wasnt until November 2006, that the racing industry introduced a Retirement Form to record when a greyhound stopped racing. Prior to that it was anyones guess as to how many greyhounds were being bred, raced, retired, killed. Its still pretty much information the industry choose not to disclose. But some information is made available under the FOI act, so us antis do have something at least to go at.

The antis more than the NGRC want hard facts and numbers, but the industry wont disclose them.
Jodie
Dogsey Senior
Female 

13-04-2008, 10:54 PM
I asked you what blatant lies we were telling. When you have had the courtesy to respond, then I will take the time to prove that the industry very rarely tell the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth.
bajaluna
Almost a Veteran
Female 

13-04-2008, 10:56 PM
ok Ill take that, im going to have a mooch around and research for myself Ill get back to you jodie
meanwhile bit of advice back of attack mode and you might get someone to listen to you.
Jodie
Dogsey Senior
Female 

13-04-2008, 10:59 PM
I didnt realise I was attacking..........
But please do have a mooch round and let me know what you find.
galty
Dogsey Senior
Male 

14-04-2008, 12:58 PM
Fact is its the NCC that record the number of dogs born and do the ear marking.

Fact is the NGRC employ 11 earmarking stewards to do the earmarking Galty and the NGRC record the litters bred, so correct me if im wrong, wouldnt they also record the number of pups in those litters?
Sorry Jodie you are wrong.

History lesson starts.

NNC has recorded ALL GREYHOUNDS born since the 18 hundreds(Well beforethe KC)

All greyhounds born where given papers recording Sire and dam

In the middle 70s of the last century because certian dogs where exposed as ringers(before dna) the NGRC asked the NCC to included a tatto with all Greyhound registered by the NCC. The NGRC agreed to finance this.

Bottom line is

The NCC record all litters born and Ear Marks in Britian.

AS I just tried to give you a pieace of advice to help you in finding out how many litters are born in Britian dont understand your attack.

For all others .

A greyhound is registered by the NCC just after its born.( coursing and racing included)

A racing greyhound

After Schooling at least a year old and the dog chases, MIGHT go to a NGRC track (at 15 months old),if it does go to a reg track,the dog after at least three trials (two 3 dog trials) it will then be marked up on its origanl NCC book, this will then be sent to the NGRC and the NGRC will issue RACING Book.

So JODIE I say to you again that if you what to no the number of British litters born in any given year ask the NCC.

Also the GREYHOUND STAR list all litters born ever year, their sires, their Dames, number suriving pups(America list the still born we dont only ear marked ones).
I-mac77
Almost a Veteran
Male 

14-04-2008, 02:13 PM
Perhaps if you actually read and digested what was said, we might get somewhere with this debate.
All those words like 'suggest' 'assume' were used by an All Parliamentary Group, not by antis. They had to use those phrases because the racing industry didnt keep records (or of they did, they said they didnt) It wasnt until November 2006, that the racing industry introduced a Retirement Form to record when a greyhound stopped racing. Prior to that it was anyones guess as to how many greyhounds were being bred, raced, retired, killed. Its still pretty much information the industry choose not to disclose. But some information is made available under the FOI act, so us antis do have something at least to go at.

The antis more than the NGRC want hard facts and numbers, but the industry wont disclose them.

Just have to correct you on that one, greyhounds have been officially retired before 2006. Jade was officially retired using the retirement form in 2001.
mucky_pup
Dogsey Junior
Male 

14-04-2008, 05:05 PM
Originally Posted by galty View Post
Jodie

Pick you up on this point.

A Fact you state 2,478 dogs ear marked dogs never made it to NGRC tracks.

How many of these where breed for coursing(Not so many in the future thanks to tree huggers)

How many went to the 16 + flapping tracks.

How many who never graded where re-homed.

How many who never graded where PTS

I.
Galty can you tell me where these figures can be found and how they are recorded by the industry to track dogs?
Jodie
Dogsey Senior
Female 

15-04-2008, 08:32 PM
I-MAC77

I am refering to the new 'Retirement Forms' that came out in 2006 (hot off the printers in preparation for the APGAW report and in defence of the Seaham incident)
Im sure the one Jade was recorded on, wasnt as detailed as the new ones.
Perhaps we can exchange copies of the old and new forms.
Whatever, i'm sure the industry wouldnt want to disclose figures from the old forms any more than they are prepared to disclose figures from the new forms.
Page 17 of 157 « First < 7 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 27 67 117 > Last »