View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-08-2007, 03:09 PM
Thanks Sheree Yes, when you think you would lose £20K in fees etc. just to move, and you take that off what we've spent (£65K but that does include new windows all round,new flat roof round the back, new soft furnishings and plastering inside, and a Stanna stairlift for Mum!) it works out that to get exactly what we want, it's only really cost £45K hasn't it???!! I know what I mean anyway!

Thanks Hali, that's exactly what I said when it was finished, just like it has always been like this. The boss of the loft company went out of his way to put special finishing touches on the roofwork for us, i.e. those gulley tiles down the dormers, and the little barn hip fronts (the sloping bit on the pitch!) to match the barn hip of the side gable. He did that knowing he would get his money back from the advertising of the finished article coz of where it's situated in this village, and he was right - they're now fully booked up for a whole year!!!

Thanks GSD Lover - I knew you had good taste too!

Thanks Random, but although I'm getting it valued, there's no way we'll be moving out just yet - we want a few years of enjoying having exactly what we wanted first!

Thanks Tracy Yes, I know you had a sneak preview and it gave you the "wow" factor when you turned the corner!! Oh dear, I will ring you - mind you, it's better to stay put, and save some dosh???

Thanks Eunice, very, very lucky aren't we!! You won't believe the view we've got from the top windows, I'm going up there in a mo with Mum's tea and I'll take a piccy!!!

Thanks Iso - yes, it looks the way it should in a village doesn't it!! I just love it, I can't stop looking at it every time I drive past!!!!

Thanks Alex - don't be jealous, you'll get there one day!! 20 years of hard work 24/7 and you can get exactly what you want out of life!!!

Thanks Nemo, you've picked the right word there, yes, I am very proud of it, especially as I fought like h*ll with the architect to get the pitched dormers at the front coz he wanted to stick a big box on the top of our house and I wouldn't have it!! He soon came round when he got the wrath of H down the phone though!!
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

10-08-2007, 03:40 PM
Its beautiful no wonder you are so proud.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-08-2007, 04:01 PM
Thanks Lynn

I just took a couple from upstairs! Look at the view Mum has from her lovely big front and rear aspect room

Her view from the front

and this is her view from the rear windows:

and this is her enjoying it all! The colour isn't dark like it looks, it's the camera! It's a big room, 18 x 12 so she's got plenty of room, and she's having a new 2 seater settee when it comes, we've been waiting 10 weeks already!

that's only half her room coz I can't get it all in without standing on the roof!!!

She has a lovely big bathroom up there too:

And this is where they managed to fit our new stairs in, luckily in the hall, bit tight, but they managed it, and it's open right up to the top of the roof, quite spectacular with the sun shining through the landing windows. I'm going to get a big mirror for the bit above, so that the sunlight bounces
off it onto the walls!

notice my lovely new stable door in the hallway, and I'm sure you've noticed a very hot, smiling Georgieboy!
Annestaff
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

10-08-2007, 04:08 PM
Well it certainly looks like it was worth all the headaches,its amazing
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-08-2007, 04:09 PM
WOW! Fancy swapping for a 3-bed semi?
wufflehoond
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-08-2007, 04:11 PM
It's wonderful Aitch, really is! I'm so pleased it's all turned out lovely for you. xx
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-08-2007, 04:14 PM
Good to see Georgie relaxing on the carpet too - awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!
Katiecoos
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-08-2007, 04:15 PM
Congratulations on your beautiful house, it looks like a dream
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-08-2007, 04:18 PM
Thanks Anne, it's certainly a bit different isn't it, and we've gone from falling over each other to having our own space and not finding each other!!! I think Dave especially likes that bit!!!

Thanks Lucky It certainly has the wow factor doesn't it! NO wonder they want to come and take pics to put us in their new brochure Lol! at your swapping idea! We were a 2 bed semi, and now we're 4 beds 3 bathrooms!!! You can have too much space ya know, all that cleaning!!!

Thanks Jackie! It was well worth all that stress I think. We've all totally relaxed now, even Mum. We sold the caravan too for only £100 quid less than I paid and we used it for 3 months! I so wish we'd kept it though, but Dave wouldn't have it coz of his street cred!
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-08-2007, 04:21 PM
Yes Lucky, and Georgie has his own spare bit of carpet in the lounge, where he always eats his raw carrots and stuff, so I won't be getting a big black mark on the new beige carpet!!! It was bad, the one he left on the old carpet I can tell ya!!!

Thanks Katie, it's a dream to me to! It's only thanks to Mum that we could afford to do all this to accommodate her, but it's a lot less than moving, she would have had to use more of her cash for us to move, so it's great all round really.
Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »