Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-08-2007, 01:15 PM

My beautiful new house

Well, at last it's almost finished! 5 months of blood, sweat and tears, getting everything organised (I'm so good at that, I got them moving I can tell you!!!)mountains of builders rubble and sheer unadulterated c**p everywhere, and I think it looks beautiful now, from an ugly duckling to a beautiful swan I think! It used to be a small bungalow on a massive plot, and now it's a massive house on a good sized plot! The front garden is yet to be landscaped, and the back drive is being block paved, well most of it and the garage is coming down coz Dave has a new workshop around the side which he's putting up this week-end!

I can't tell you how happy we all are that it's finally over, and it was so much better than moving, coz if I'd have driven past and seen this after having sold it on I would have been most upset!

This is where it started from, our small loft space, but they lifted the side gable out to give us more room.

The front looked like this:

..... but now it looks like this!!!!!

This is from the bottom of the front garden, so you can see what they've done with the side gable end:

and this is from the bottom of the road, when you turn the corner! I think it looks quite stunning, no wonder we're the talk of the village, everybody comments on it!

This is the rear, where we went for a triple dormer (how we got the planning for all this I will never know!!) Mum's sitting there having her lunch!

We were on the market 6 months ago at £280K, but now I want £400K for this baby!!!!

Internal pics to come later, I'm off for my ice cream now! Thanks for looking, hope you think it's nice too!
scorpio
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-08-2007, 01:21 PM
Thats beautiful Helena, I know it was a nightmare going through all that building work but just look what you've got and you've saved thousands in estate agents and solicitors fees.

An absolutely stunning property, can't wait to see the inside piccies
Hali
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-08-2007, 01:23 PM
Helena, it looks gorgeous.

Particularly from the front it looks like it should always have been like that and the original front elevation was just never finished.

No wonder you're so chuffed...here's wishing you many happy years in your 'new' home
MazY
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

10-08-2007, 01:38 PM
Now THAT is a house. Really nice property and grounds by the look of it.
random
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-08-2007, 01:40 PM
Looks fab, you are really lucky, hope you get what you want for it and make a nice profit for yourself.
Trixybird
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-08-2007, 01:44 PM
You should be over the moon, coz it looks beautiful ( had a sneak preview) ..but i did tell you! Saw it before and the work has completely transformed the property.
Were not moving now either
lovezois
Fondly remembered
Female 

10-08-2007, 01:47 PM
Hi Helena STUNNING, bet all the upheaval was worth it for the lovely finished article. Good Luck and Happy 'New' Housewarming.
IsoChick
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-08-2007, 01:51 PM
Wow! Them builders did you proud! It looks stunning, and totally "right", as if thats how it was meant to be
alexandra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-08-2007, 02:03 PM
Beautiful house!!!

im sooooo jealous
nero
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

10-08-2007, 02:38 PM
looks really grand, bet you're proud of it.
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 > Last »