Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Anne-Marie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-07-2007, 01:39 PM
Originally Posted by wendy taylor View Post
, his kids knocking the baby wood pigeons out of my fruit trees and smashing them to death with a stick,
uum can you guess we are not too keen on him,
Wendy
OMG sounds like neighbours from hell

So sorry you are having all this grief over the fence, he sounds awful
wendy taylor
Dogsey Senior
Female 

27-07-2007, 04:11 PM
OKAY SO i HAVE PAINTED THE FENCE,oops sorry,I had to put two coats of dark brown paint over the orange stripes,wait for that to dry,then cover it in the dark oak wood paint that neighbour supplied,
but no,for added interest,he set it alight last night with his barbeque,ha blooming ha,he has also set up what can only be called a camp site in the garden,there are a total of five tents out there all with roughly three to four very loud screaming,yelling boys in each,and this is just the start of summer hols,we had house buyers round yesterday evening,and a lot of the boys were sat upon the newly painted six foot fence yelling abuse at us,needless to say house buyers left sharpish,and Steve my partner ended up and going round to neighbours and telling him we're staying we're setting up a dog breeding establishment,along that side of the fence,hahahaha,we're not but we know he does not like the dogs that much,and they bark a lot at his cat who looks like Hitler,it has a pure white face and a jet black little little moustache under his nose
Wendy
kyektulu
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-07-2007, 04:28 PM
Inconsiderate sod...
random
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-07-2007, 05:50 PM
I guess the only thing is to try a darker colour than the dayglo orange he has chosen. Maybe a dark green would look nice? Try a tester pot and see if it covers first.

My mums neighbour did the same with brown (she has her house on the market too! lol) and she did hers over with a woodland green, which actually looks really nice.
random
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-07-2007, 05:58 PM
Oops didn't read it all, you've already tried that, oops!
Colin
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

27-07-2007, 06:20 PM
What you could do is take him to court for the damage to your fence.

You see as you paid for the fence and I take it is on your land, according to the law he as to ask for your consent to paint the fence and as the upkeep and decorating of fence is your responciblity and he hasn't, he has committed criminal damage to your property.

Garden Law
Upkeep and decorating of fences isn't a shared cost. If the supporting posts or brick piers are on your ground then the upkeep is yours. If you're in any doubt, check the deeds or Title Information Document of your house. A T-shaped mark on the boundary line shows that the fence is owned by the person within whose property the mark appears. A double T-shaped mark means that responsibility for the boundary is shared.
Unless it's stated on the deeds/Title Information Document there's no legal onus on owners to keep their boundaries in good repair. For this reason, neighbours must often rely on persuasion and negotiation with a reluctant neighbour, no matter how hard this might be, as negotiation is always preferable to legal costs.

I would go around to him and tell him to clean both sides of the fence back to the way he found it.
wendy taylor
Dogsey Senior
Female 

28-07-2007, 06:53 AM
well fence looks okay now,so phew,
and the camp site is no more,one of the young boys fathers went round their last night did what I wanted to do in the first place and punched him square on the nose,grabbed his kids and left,no idea why,will have to find out more later ,and of course will elt you all know the reasonings,
Wendy
Steve
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

03-08-2007, 12:15 AM
If you find more drips later on-try using a pressure washer cause they will strip water based timber preservatives from fences quite easily.
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3