Dogsey Veteran
Male 

24-07-2007, 07:26 PM
Could you use some type of brown paint?
lizziel
Almost a Veteran
Female 

24-07-2007, 09:36 PM
I would be wary about falling out with him over the fence as now you have to declare any disputes with neighbours to prospective purchasers - not worth losing a sale over

Years ago my neighbour - who is a brilliant neighbour - sprayed his side of our fence with creosote and it all went in our pond He was mortified and tried all sorts of things to clear it from the top of the water but we eventually came up with the idea of filling the pond to overflowing and luckily it all ran out with the excess water.

Perhaps you could paint it a dark brown colour - annoying to have to do it again but it might cover the runs and drips up - and wouldn't it be a shame if your paint dripped his side
leo
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

24-07-2007, 09:39 PM
Accidently of course.like full brush through the holes.
Got to give it a good covering......plus brown shows on orange.
Your wicked you lot.lol
Brundog
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-07-2007, 09:49 PM
just a thought but peraps you could get some of the willow fencing that you get - its sold in rolls and it just attaches over the fence - that way it would cover the paint streaks - also you could take it with you when you move !!

or some strategically placed climbing plants >??
majuka
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-07-2007, 09:51 PM
Originally Posted by lizziel View Post
I would be wary about falling out with him over the fence as now you have to declare any disputes with neighbours to prospective purchasers - not worth losing a sale over
Very good point!
wendy taylor
Dogsey Senior
Female 

25-07-2007, 08:14 AM
well guess what my hubby went round and made him come see our side of the fence with its orange blooming stripes,as obviously my being female,am prone to exaggerating,and he said "oh why did'nt you tell me it was that bad,I would have stopped,"ARGHHHHHHHHHHHH,so anyway he said "I have something that will cover that",and comes back with a tin of gloss black paint,well hubby said,"not on your nelly" or words to that effect,so after about two hours of trying different stuff,and making it look worst with each coat,but still with stinking orange showing through,neighbour went off and bought same product but in dark oak,to do my fence in,so guess who the muggins was that got to stand half the night painting it,yep me,am now walking like Quasimodo,eighty foot long fence,which is six foot high,so anyway looked out my window this morning,not only is my fence a really awful colour the orange has seeped through that,and no, I will not be buying willow to cover it,have already bought,paid,and erected the fence in first place,I am not going to be spending anymore money on this place than necessary,so hubby said to neighbour on their way out of the door to go to work this morning,oh am sorry you will have to keep your kids in,as fence is coming down,and dogs will be loose unless you fix it today,and before i'm home tonight,oops,we have already had a major falling out with him,over his kids knocking the baby wood pigeons out of my fruit trees and smashing them to death with a stick,and he is the one who uum likes to have boys in his house,never see adults there,just boys even when his own sons are not visiting,
uum can you guess we are not too keen on him,
Wendy
leo
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

25-07-2007, 08:34 AM
I spoke to my OH about this and he said use a pressure washer it will take off the creosot that you put on in the areas where you use it but it will also take away the orange paint as well.

My OH uses one to green off the panels before he recovers them with creosot
wendy taylor
Dogsey Senior
Female 

25-07-2007, 08:37 AM
can you hire them then,as we do not own one,but will definitely look into it,thank you
Wendyx
leo
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

25-07-2007, 08:50 AM
You should be able to yes a industrial one will defo do the trick
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >