View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Iluvmidaxies
Dogsey Junior
Female 

18-06-2007, 01:57 PM
I got a wirehaired daxie 6 years ago from a friends relative, the breeder took us to our first ringcraft class and sat with us at shows, helped us out, unfortunately we relocated and shows were put on the back boiler for a while. He's just had his sixth birthday (wirehaired daxie) we went to a companion dog show on Saturday, We're here to stay this time (we relocated again) So I'm setting down roots and making a start!
Iluvmidaxies
Dogsey Junior
Female 

18-06-2007, 02:00 PM
Originally Posted by Deccy View Post
Unfortunately, some breed clubs can be a bit "precious". Are there others you could try? In my breed there are several in the UK, some people prefer one or two over the others for whatever reason, so there is some choice. Regarding "referrals" it's surprising how many complete strangers will sign you up!
Can your breeder help at all?
She's moved into czeskys now. I am a member of minidaxies and dachshund club, but they seem so far away. Will keep trying with daxieclubofwales
rozesofsharon
New Member!
Female 

12-04-2012, 09:11 PM
Originally Posted by Iluvmidaxies View Post
Hi
I am new to this forum and new to showing. I have taken my daughter to a few small shows, a long time ago, but would like to get serious. I assume I start by taking my puppy to ringcraft classes. Any other advice? I am a complete novice. How do I find out about shows in my area? I subscribed to our dogs paper but there doesn't seem anything local to get me started. Will they have details of shows at ringcraft? Any advice would be gratefully appreciated!!
HI Doxie Lover,
I know I was bit by the show bug four years ago. We do a team approach. My husband shows our male, my daughter shows our two females. I am the groomer. I live in the USA and find our shows on infodog.com. I would think that there is a group that consolidates your shows? Our local kennel clubs offer conformation run throughs with knowledgeable breeders who offer their expertise. Best of luck to you and yours. Have fun with this. It is a GREAT sport for those who come to it with the right attitude!
Ripsnorterthe2nd
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-04-2012, 09:48 PM
Just to make you aware this thread is nearly 5 years old so you may not get a response from the op.
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2