View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
mj
Dogsey Senior
Female 

21-05-2007, 09:53 AM

Builder's what a nightmare 4 week job yeah right!!!

Well its finally started!

The roofs come off our house and the builders are in

Theres rubble and dust everywhere Max is trying to eat all of it poor dog he's having to spend most of the day shut up in the kitchen i'm taking him out morning and night for a walk but its getting too hot to go out at lunchtime with him last week the temprature at 8am was a balmy 70

we are adding a second floor so we can gain a much needed 3rd bedroom the boys have come close to killing each other... its all very complicated the lounge downstairs is been turned into our master bedroom and the new 2nd floor extension is going to be a lounge with a sea view

then inside there's walls to come down and a staircase to put in i'm sure it will be worth it in the end!

They tell me in 6 weeks it will be finished i'll believe that when i see it..certainly doesnt look like that at the moment.

this weeks job apparently is to get my new floor down to form the new ceiling for downstairs and the floor for the new lounge and also all the outside walls up.

Its only week 1 and im fed up with the muck already and having to keep the doors shut all the time can't hang the washing out, cant sit out in the sun (sorry little moan there)

Think i'm going to start and go to the beach after lunch whilst boys are school a bit of P & Q but poor max will be traumatised he's not happy with all the banging and clattering going on!!

will keep you updated ill try and do a weekly log see if it really does only take 6 weeks...
skjerstad
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-05-2007, 10:01 AM
Well good luck, it will be worth it in the end, but I know what you mean about going off your head whilst the work is being done.
Get down to the beach and chuck Max in the sea, it will do you both the world of good.
x
Fudgeley
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-05-2007, 10:10 AM
Good luck with the building project. At least they shouldn`t get rained off!!
dollyknockers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-05-2007, 10:12 AM

Hope the work doesn take to long to finish .
I agree enjoy the beach with max x
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-05-2007, 01:31 PM
Good luck Mel - sounds like a nightmare....
mj
Dogsey Senior
Female 

22-05-2007, 09:49 AM
Thanks everyone for your good luck wishes think i may need it.. looking at the state of my ceiling in the dining room today!!! that too has GONE!

NOBODY DO A RAIN DANCE!!! or im big trouble and the forecast not to cracky either
mj
Dogsey Senior
Female 

25-05-2007, 05:38 AM
well its 7.30am friday and the builders are here been very quiet they haven't been for the last two days typical EH

they take my roof off and begger off.lord knows where, and it rained in on wednesday dining room looked like a paddling pool. anyway today apparently they are forming the new slab for the staircase its made of concrete here in spain should be interesting

will have to keep max out off the way he's still limping a little (you may not have seen my other thread but he's got a hairline fracture in his front leg so NO walks off lead for a week) looks like beach is out
mj
Dogsey Senior
Female 

01-06-2007, 08:03 PM
well its the end of week 3 and what a quiet week its been the builders have been missing more than they have been here..

but none the less we have had some progress made

we have a new floor and ceiling well sort of!

the outside walls start to come up..

but this all thats left off my dining room ceiling going to be like this for a couple of weeks

and to top it all my OH as gone off golfing for a week.

no idea what next week will bring hopefully some more walls so they can get the roof back on..
mj
Dogsey Senior
Female 

13-06-2007, 09:56 AM
update week 5

Well i still have no roof and im now totally cheesed off

last week was totally horrendos the wall's went up then all came down again built in the wrong place and opening for windows missing and wrong window in one wall too small builders said we are following the plans but they'd only got them upside down they are still saying that by the end of JUne they will be totally finished as if!!

the begining's of a staircase they pour cement onto this wood and steel and they when it sets i should have a floating staircase. in theory.

after the concrete as been poured.

and the fanned stairs take shape. bit of cleaning needed guess who'll have that job

todays job is to form the treads and general building hopefull they will get this right..
mj
Dogsey Senior
Female 

13-07-2007, 07:50 AM
well we are in week nine! of a 4 week job

Has you can imagine im well and truly cheesed off now all i want is to get my house back theres builders and rubble everywhere we are living i 1 room and keeping it clean is a nightmare..

anyway theres light at the end of the tunnel the plaster's in and the glass comes for the windows next week the roof tiles are finally going on cant believe i've been without a roof for 8 weeks

The floor tiles have come and the electrics are going in its all happening now its like a mad house they are telling me that by the end of next week they will be done i do hope so..

where we live with it been a hoilday resort we have a problem all building work or anything that makes
loud noise is illegal after 31st of july so the pressures really on oh and the small matter that my sister and her family are coming for a hoilday aswell nice hoilday destination a building site!!!

it suddenly looks like a house!!! yippee
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >