Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
GSDlover4ever
Almost a Veteran
Female 

22-03-2012, 08:22 PM

Four Paws Animal Rescue - Spring Auction, 31st March - 15th April

i copied and pasted the following, i do not work for this rescue.

The Four Paws Animal Rescue auction is now open for viewing, there are holidays, tickets for days out, things for pets (collars etc), things for you (Cath Kidston etc) as well as lots of lovely art work, jewellery and portrait commissions.

We have some lovely homemade pieces (including cake if you are lucky enough to live close enough to Cardiff) so please do come and have a look - [forum link removed] all the money raised helps animals in need who otherwise would be taking a one way trip to the vets.

Our forum is in the same format as CockersOnline so hopefully you will find it easy enough to register and navigate but please contact me if you have any questions.

The auction opens for bidding on the 31st March and closes on the 15th at 9pm.

Some info about the rescue for those who don't know of us:

In 2011 a grand total of 627 dogs passed through the loving and caring hands of the volunteers of Four Paws. This is a magnificent number for a charity of our size where everyone dedicates their own time. However, the foster carers deserve a massive pat on the back for the comfort they gave to their fosters and for their continued support.

You may be puzzled about how on earth we rescued 627 dogs in one year, so I shall break it down for you to give a more detailed picture. Of this total 301 were placed in foster and found their forever homes, 289 were transferred to other rescues, 20 are still with us at time of print and sadly, we lost a few to old age or illness.

Every year we have been increasing the total number of dogs passing through our hands. This is a testament to our fundraising volunteers who year-on-year raise even more money to allow us to help even more. It is also down to the fantastic relationships we have with other rescues and the continued hard work of Kirsty who's magic wand can find a space from nothing.

We mainly work with our local pounds where we rescue dogs after 7 days when they might otherwise be euthanized if they are not claimed. In 2011 we saved 380 from being put to sleep and 194 were handed in from owners who could no longer manage. This is also the first year we felt able to extend a helping hand to another country and helped home/place 33 dogs from Ireland. The final 22 belong to all the lovely little pups that were born in rescue with us and we would be remiss to mention Leanne and Kaz who have been on almost permanent midwife duty for 6 months.

All in all it's been a fantastic year, which couldn't have happened without your support and hard work. We hope 2012 will be another fantastic year and I know that we will be all winners not just in the Olympics but the the hearts and minds of the dogs we help.