View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Sara
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-03-2012, 01:32 PM
I was so completely and totally in love with the Borzoi! He is stunning! I so could have one of those!

I was watching the terrier and hound group both before BIS (both groups are mine LOL) BOTH of my Fav. breeds (the Irish Terrier and the Dachshund) did very well. I think it's the first time I've seen the IT gt a group placing (group third) in any dog show I've watched! Course the Kerry who got group 2nd was stunning as well! The Westie was a Canadian dog, so of course I was rooting for him! but he didn't make it into the final cut even.
Razcox
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-03-2012, 01:59 PM
I liked the Lhaso and she did show very well, was great to see another older dog win as well.

I did also really like the pom and newf and it was a shame the pom didnt get anything as he seemed a lovely little dog. This is coming from someone who is not a fan of little dogs!
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

12-03-2012, 04:46 PM
Originally Posted by Ben Mcfuzzylugs View Post
Yes I think they should really impliment this on all breeds at least before they get into the final ring else it is just a farce
And I think you will find that`s part of the gripe of those who did get disqualified.

If you compare the Newfie to the Clumber, the Newfie was worse, yet it went through .
Ben Mcfuzzylugs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-03-2012, 05:27 PM
Originally Posted by Jackbox View Post
And I think you will find that`s part of the gripe of those who did get disqualified.

If you compare the Newfie to the Clumber, the Newfie was worse, yet it went through .
well yes things should be the same for everyone
But its a bit of a cheek when they are standing in one interview saying there is nothing wrong with their dogs having saggy eyes
Then pointing and saying 'that dog is more unhealthy than my dog' - its just a bit of a smokescreen, yes this should be implimented in every single breed
But the breeds pulled just now should also have a long hard look at what they have done to their dogs

I admit the eye of the clumber was less bad than many of the other breeds
But when you compare them to the working one the show clumber was a lumbering grotesque monster imo
Jenny
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-03-2012, 07:18 PM
Interesting comments on the eye 'haw'. Elizabeth's (Lhasa Apso) owner did really well simply because she also bred her, owned and did the showing. At least she can take the credit for the win. And it was great that she immediately announced the dogs retirement ..... as she can't do any better than BIS .

I also agree that it was lovely to see some of the older dogs being so successful at such a high level
moetmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-03-2012, 07:22 PM
The bulldog breed council have issued a statement on the bulldog that failed the test, quite an eye opener.

The kennel club in their statement said that vet checks would only be for what the judge could see, the judge doesn't check the dogs eyes with a torch..

The dog was an example of the very thing that is being strived for, this started 10 years ago, way before PDE was even thought of, a good specimen who would have been an ambassador for the breed such a wasted opportunity.
lozzibear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-03-2012, 11:44 PM
I loved the Borzoi, and I usually love OES but I really didn't like that hairdo at all! I don't think that should be allowed... I just don't like those 'full' coats anyway...

I do agree that the vet checks should be for ALL breeds, but at least with those 15, it is a start. I do understand how the breeders must feel, but the dogs are the most important thing and their health, and needs, should come first.

Do we actually know, for a fact, what the dogs were disqualified on, except for the Clumber? The breeders, and breed club can say anything, but it doesn't make it automatically true... the Clumber owner wasn't exactly truthful.
janie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-03-2012, 09:31 AM
Coming in a bit late here... but i was really pleased Elizabeth the Lhasa won.
Not only the Lhasa Apso, being my number 1 on my fav breed list.. Elizabeth is 7 years old and won BIS on my Mia (Lhasa cross) 7th birthday.
spot
Dogsey Veteran

15-03-2012, 10:34 PM
Originally Posted by bijou View Post
loved the Borzoi - such a sound, free moving dog with a lovely head - )
I dont do Crufts at all but got a text saying there is a special dog in the final! So turned on the TV to see............

My Luki walk in the ring! Luke was so like Luki (apart from a better hair stylist) that I blubbed like a baby having lost him nearly a year ago! Beautiful dog.
Ripsnorterthe2nd
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-03-2012, 12:31 AM
Originally Posted by labradork View Post
I wanted the Pom to win - what a cracking little dog!

Not sure what to make of the Lhasa Apso really, but then they are not my kind of dog.

The Newfie was gorgeous and I also really liked the Norwich.

I thought the OES looked odd and the IWS did nothing for me nor did the Borzoi.
I'm not a small dog sort of person, but I just loved that Pom! Such attitude and clearly loving showing off!
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >