View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
bijou
Dogsey Senior
Female 

12-03-2012, 06:24 AM
loved the Borzoi - such a sound, free moving dog with a lovely head - liked the personality of the Pom and the Norwich - the IWS was a handful on the move but had a cracking outline and construction -the Llhasa was beautifully presented and moved well but too much coat for my taste - HATED the way the OES was groomed - way too much backcombing especially around his head and finally ...I thought the Newfie was simply outstanding on the move for such a big dog but his eyes showed a bit of haw and I was puzzled why this was a disquallifier for the Clumber but not for him ( but having said that i would have given him BIS - as I thought him just stunning )
rune
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-03-2012, 09:13 AM
Might well be why he didn't get it!

rune
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

12-03-2012, 10:32 AM
Originally Posted by bijou View Post
loved the Borzoi - such a sound, free moving dog with a lovely head - liked the personality of the Pom and the Norwich - the IWS was a handful on the move but had a cracking outline and construction -the Llhasa was beautifully presented and moved well but too much coat for my taste - HATED the way the OES was groomed - way too much backcombing especially around his head and finally ...I thought the Newfie was simply outstanding on the move for such a big dog but his eyes showed a bit of haw and I was puzzled why this was a disquallifier for the Clumber but not for him ( but having said that i would have given him BIS - as I thought him just stunning )
Because his breed was not on the hit list, and I think thats the the problem with the way it has been implemented this year.

The Newfies eyes were showing haw, just as some of the breeds disqualified, if this is to be the way forward it has to go across the board and include ALL BOB winners.

In saying that, I though he was stunning, was rooting for the Pom, but was miffed anyway because Max never got through, he would have had a god chance of being the first Boxer to win Crufts if he had, as Frank Cane loves him.
ClaireandDaisy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-03-2012, 10:41 AM
I liked the Newfie. Particularly the way he cuddled his handler at the end.
Did anyone else notice how tense the Norwich Terrier`s handler was? I swear the dogs` front legs left the ground at times.
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-03-2012, 10:44 AM
I can't say any of the final line-up really did anything for me, as none are my "type" of dog.

I didn't like the Newfie's red and droopy eyes - is that what is meant by "haw"?

The Pom made me laugh with his antics, but I do think they look a little like fluffy bats They have very bat-like faces.

I love OES when they aren't groomed and poofed up like that, but the one in the line up just looked ridiculous.

Out of them all, I was hoping either the Borzoi or Norwich Terrier would win, but then I wasn't all that bothered either way.
Helen
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-03-2012, 10:52 AM
I am not a little dog fan at all - but I did like the Lhaso. I think she moved extremelly well. Have to say that I thought the same thing about the newfies eyes.

Not keen on the borzoi but I am not keen on the breed - they really don't do anything for me.

I did like the IWS though. I think his owner was a bit stressed with the way he was clowning around. He was exactly like the one and only IWS I have ever known - he was a clown as well but lovely with it.

I thoroughly enjoyed the tv coverage this year, although was disappointed we didn't see more gundogs on gundog day.

Helen
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

12-03-2012, 11:44 AM
Originally Posted by Moobli View Post
I can't say any of the final line-up really did anything for me, as none are my "type" of dog.

I didn't like the Newfie's red and droopy eyes - is that what is meant by "haw"?

The Pom made me laugh with his antics, but I do think they look a little like fluffy bats They have very bat-like faces.

I love OES when they aren't groomed and poofed up like that, but the one in the line up just looked ridiculous.

Out of them all, I was hoping either the Borzoi or Norwich Terrier would win, but then I wasn't all that bothered either way.
Yes, and thats what the dogs who failed, failed on, slack eye and to much haw showing, or so I believe?
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-03-2012, 12:46 PM
Originally Posted by Jackbox View Post
Yes, and thats what the dogs who failed, failed on, slack eye and to much haw showing, or so I believe?
Thank you. So, in terms of what happened to the Clumber, the Newfie should have not been allowed in the group finalists?
Ben Mcfuzzylugs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-03-2012, 01:30 PM
Originally Posted by Moobli View Post
Thank you. So, in terms of what happened to the Clumber, the Newfie should have not been allowed in the group finalists?
Yes I think they should really impliment this on all breeds at least before they get into the final ring else it is just a farce
rough
Dogsey Senior
Female 

12-03-2012, 01:31 PM
all 7 acheived something most of us can only dream of and i didn't care who won.
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >