Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

23-03-2009, 05:08 PM
Originally Posted by lore View Post
Hopefully this will lead to better screening in England and Wales.
There is nothing wrong with the screening , as said above Jade ignored her recalls... no matter how good the system works , if you dont take the follow ups , you have no one else to blame.

The good thing that has come from such a sad tale is that it has made younger woman take heed , and if smear tests are up 20% following this tragedy , then it can only be a good thing.

A young life wasted , such a sad time.

Rest in peace, and lets hope her children are looked after well!
queenwillow
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-03-2009, 09:02 PM
havent read all the posts ,

but i do think its very sad ,27 poor love . i hope she is happy ,where she is (if there is a heaven ). i allways thought she was a nice kid(she took some stick ,over the years ) no doubt ,she will still be ripped to shreads ,for some time to come
hayleybella
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-03-2009, 09:24 PM
Originally Posted by lilyput View Post
Jade was screened early - she had every chance and more than some-

Jade had more than one pap smear, starting in her teens. At one point, she was even treated for precancerous changes of the cervix. And went on to have more follow up smears after that. But when those follow up smears showed a recurrence of abnormal cells, Jade ignored letters that were sent to her advising her to come in for follow up and treatment.

Why? Because she was scared..

"They had sent a letter to me ages ago, telling that I needed to go in for an operation, but I had been too scared to do anything about it,” Goody confessed.

So Jade put the whole thing out of her mind and pretended it never happened. Until repeated episodes of pain and hemorrhage became symptoms she could no longer ignore. But by then, the tumor had spread beyond the cervix to her uterus. And while a radical hysterectomy and chemotherapy staved the cancer off for awhile, it returned this past month with a vengeance.
Originally Posted by Jackbox View Post
There is nothing wrong with the screening , as said above Jade ignored her recalls... no matter how good the system works , if you dont take the follow ups , you have no one else to blame.

The good thing that has come from such a sad tale is that it has made younger woman take heed , and if smear tests are up 20% following this tragedy , then it can only be a good thing.

A young life wasted , such a sad time.

Rest in peace, and lets hope her children are looked after well!
I think what Jades sad death highlights is the fact that women under the age of 25 do not qualify for cervical screening. she has raised that awareness at least.

RIP Jade, So Sad for those little boys.
pennym
Dogsey Junior
Female 

17-05-2009, 04:48 PM
I was gutted for her boys when the news broke that she died, on mothers day. So wrong that she was taken from them at all, but on that day, even worse.

Many people since have said they're better off with out her etc, and ive had a hard time biting my tongue. grrhh Jade didnt do anything that bad to anyone. she entertained us all at the end of the day.
CheekyChihuahua
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-05-2009, 07:17 PM
Originally Posted by pennym View Post
I was gutted for her boys when the news broke that she died, on mothers day. So wrong that she was taken from them at all, but on that day, even worse.

Many people since have said they're better off with out her etc, and ive had a hard time biting my tongue. grrhh Jade didnt do anything that bad to anyone. she entertained us all at the end of the day.
I agree, she was a fab Mum. My Step SIL's children go to school with the boys and she says that Jade was a great Mum and a nice lady. Yeah, she did some stupid stuff but haven't we all
pennym
Dogsey Junior
Female 

17-05-2009, 07:33 PM
Exactly she was niave(sp) to start with , but thats no reason to be disliked.
From what ive read she even continued taking the boys to school until her eyesight became an issue.
I think thats what would kill me the most if i wer ein her shoes at that time, not being able to see the boys faces properly.
She was a fantastic mother in my opinion and the boys will grow up knowing that, jeff will make sure of it.
She raised awareness of cervical cancer too before she died, which again ive heard many people slate her for, a relative who i dont get on with even said 'she's probably faking it just to get more money'
Jade, in her last weeks im sure saved many a girls life, and even if she saved 1, she's done more than was ever required of her. She's seen her boys will be alright. Can't fault her.
Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4