View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
lore
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-03-2009, 12:52 PM
What a shame, I feel sorry for the boys and her mum.

Hopefully this will lead to better screening in England and Wales. Thankfully in Scotland we get screened regularly. Since I have had 3 women in my family all with cervical cancer, I am religious about it, every 3 years. (I might add, my aunt and cousin both came through it successfully, unfortunately my Granny passed away from it).

Much as Jade annoyed me, I did feel sorry for her when it came out and admired her for fighting as hard as she did.
Tori
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-03-2009, 01:20 PM
so so sad especially mothers day, its heartbreaking. RIP Jade. xxx
Lou
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-03-2009, 02:44 PM
So sad

R.I.P Jade x
lilyput
Dogsey Senior
Female 

22-03-2009, 04:26 PM
Originally Posted by lore View Post

Hopefully this will lead to better screening in England and Wales.
Jade was screened early - she had every chance and more than some-

Jade had more than one pap smear, starting in her teens. At one point, she was even treated for precancerous changes of the cervix. And went on to have more follow up smears after that. But when those follow up smears showed a recurrence of abnormal cells, Jade ignored letters that were sent to her advising her to come in for follow up and treatment.

Why? Because she was scared..

"They had sent a letter to me ages ago, telling that I needed to go in for an operation, but I had been too scared to do anything about it,” Goody confessed.

So Jade put the whole thing out of her mind and pretended it never happened. Until repeated episodes of pain and hemorrhage became symptoms she could no longer ignore. But by then, the tumor had spread beyond the cervix to her uterus. And while a radical hysterectomy and chemotherapy staved the cancer off for awhile, it returned this past month with a vengeance.
elaineb
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-03-2009, 04:31 PM
so so sad, R.I.P. Jade. You had such a bad start in life but you pulled yourself up by the bootstraps and made a good life for you and your sons.
May God bless you and keep you safe
Elaine xx
Vodka Vixen
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-03-2009, 07:22 PM
Very sad to hear this news this morning, today of all days, I really feel for those children and her poor mum, no parent should have to bury their child.

I know alot of people didnt like her, I wasnt exactly a fan but I think she showed great courage when she must have been absolutely terrified.

Sweet Dreams Jade, watch over those boys xxx
CheekyChihuahua
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-03-2009, 07:30 PM
RIP Jade. Your boys will be so proud of their Mum. You may not have always made the best decisions but you were a fantastic Mum and a bl@@dy good laugh. Take care
random
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-03-2009, 08:00 PM
This is such sad news, today of all days, so sad for her boys.
Mum To Many
Dogsey Senior
Female 

23-03-2009, 03:53 PM
It is very sad when someone dies so young, and with a young family, I think she did a great job in providing for her boys, and faced up to her illness with bravery.
Snorri the Priest
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

23-03-2009, 04:26 PM
In all honesty, I can't count myself a fan, but I can lay claim to being an admirer.

Sleep well, young lady

Snorri
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >