Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-06-2020, 06:37 AM

Daily Thread, Sunday, 28th June 2020

Good morning all, have a good day and stay safe and well. God bless.

I trust all our four legged friends are all well.
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-06-2020, 08:10 AM
Good morning Moyra and all who follow

Pleased mum seems to be improving Kelly

Hope Dillon is still pain free Lynn

Dry but very windy again today. Towels washed and out on the line, Teazle walked, veg done for lunch and a bread and butter pudding prepared. Plan on making a banana loaf later

Hope all are well

Have a good day and stay safe
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

28-06-2020, 10:08 AM
Morning Moyra, Sue and all to follow.
Very blustery today, in fact so blustery I have had a meltdown over hanging my bedding out. I have limited space as the either the cabin is in the way, the wind spinner or the pond regards sheets blowing about.
Gorden has popped out to Dunelm to get a rotary line the Brabantia one good and sturdy and enough room to hang bedding, towels and clothes on in one will give me more space.
I am not a fan of them usually having had two over the years but we saw these 4 arm ones yesterday while queuing in Dunelm to pay for some new bedding we bought.
Dillon seems I won't say pain free Sue as I think he will always be in some pain regards his arthritis but we haven't needed the Pardale that was prescribed 2 weeks ago he is now on day 6 pain free from whatever caused him to cry when he moved. So better in that regard.
We do not walk far nowadays and today wasn't warm , when we went out.
He also sleeps a lot now to but is eating better as of yesterday probably because it's cooler and gradually getting his own food down him alongside boiled chicken, boiled egg and tinned sardines.
There has been a police car parked since about 7.30 this morning outside th park. People still coming and going in and out of the park. I did pop out and ask if she would like a cuppa or use of the bathroom, thin k she was a bit stunned that I wasn't asking questions.
I am of course curious but she will not say anything so no point asking.

griff hope mum is still improving hopefully when she starts to feel better her appetite will improve to.

Hope everyone and all four legged friends are well today.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

28-06-2020, 05:37 PM
Originally Posted by Lynn View Post
We do not walk far nowadays and today wasn't warm

Hi Lynn - With Casey my vet told me to let him walk as far as he wanted and if he laid down to just wait. I took to carrying one of those portable canvas chairs that fold up, if he laid down I just opened it and sat down, sometimes I even had something to read

When he was able to get up he would either go on for another 50 yards or head back to the car.

Arthritus is a painful condition in humans and dogs. Sadly our dogs can't tell us just how bad it is on any particular day and it does vary from day to to day.

So pleased the painkillers seem to be working.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

28-06-2020, 05:50 PM
Originally Posted by Sue L View Post
and a bread and butter pudding prepared.

Oh yummy I like bread & butter pudding

By the way I meant to reply when you said :-

"I think when the family do get over and they have their own place the second daughter will be growing them as she loves to plant and grow flowers so she might also enjoy strawberries"

Please tell her to buy the 'traditional' varities, I have noticed that a lot of soft fruit growers promote the newer varities and go on about how the fruit is so much bigger, which it is, but the taste is not as good.

As an example I have four black current bushes, two of them are 'Ebony' which give huge berries almost as big as gooseberry but the taste is very bland and eaten fresh they are not what I expected. I also have two WellingtonXXX which is a variety first grown in 1920 and is a traditional variety, the berries are small but the taste is superb

I think the same applies to stawberries so please tell this to 'second daughter' when she comes here.