View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-06-2008, 10:59 AM
They are such beautiful dogs...mind you I have a secret passion for Greyhounds, not sure my cats would share the enthusiasm though.
Just washed my three's collars, they look all nice and shining again...well that'll last for all of 5 mins.
grommit
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-06-2008, 11:07 AM
Originally Posted by youngstevie View Post
They are such beautiful dogs...mind you I have a secret passion for Greyhounds, not sure my cats would share the enthusiasm though.
Just washed my three's collars, they look all nice and shining again...well that'll last for all of 5 mins.
He he! yup i know what you mean about cats. Paris and Phil like them alot in all the wrong ways. Phil has got a very ingrained chase instinct, years of being trained to chase everything that moves. Sometimes when we are watching tv if you scratch your leg and you are wearing jeans he dives from his bed to investigate the small dog you are obviously hiding under the sofa cushions!!!!
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-06-2008, 11:16 AM
Originally Posted by grommit View Post
He he! yup i know what you mean about cats. Paris and Phil like them alot in all the wrong ways. Phil has got a very ingrained chase instinct, years of being trained to chase everything that moves. Sometimes when we are watching tv if you scratch your leg and you are wearing jeans he dives from his bed to investigate the small dog you are obviously hiding under the sofa cushions!!!!
That made me laugh....but I know what you mean.
Years back we had a neighbour who lived two doors down from us, with two ex racers, well one jumped two fences and got hold of my old ginger tom cat....the damage was bad, he ruptured Ginger's stomache and Ginger lost a leg....fortunately he survived.....my neighbours nearly didn't though Sorry but she always walked them without muzzles and would take off thier leads whilst out
grommit
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-06-2008, 11:24 AM
Oh my lord thats horrible. I'm so sorry to hear that. We muzzle ours when they are out and our fences are very high and all were replaced before we got them.

I think it's very much down to owners, the poor dogs are trained to chase from when they are a tiny pup. We take them into our homes 4 years later and tell them no you must'nt chase anything, it must be so confusing for them.

also ours are never off lead except at the kennels where they have a huge field thats all enclosed and far away from any houses.
dori-katie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-06-2008, 11:52 AM
Lovely pic. our Kate has the camo one
They are very eay to take on and off aren't they, we love ours.
inkliveeva
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-06-2008, 01:15 PM
they are both beautiful, and they're new collars are very fetching xx
Dilkara
Dogsey Junior
Female 

10-06-2008, 01:24 PM
lovin' those pretty collars, they really suit them.
grommit
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-06-2008, 08:16 AM
Thanks all! The collars really look great we are well pleased with them.

Dori-katie - we agree very easy to get on and off. Unfortunately a little too easy, Phil has realised he can back out of it very easily!
Trixybird
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-06-2008, 02:53 PM
Loving the hounds and their new collars
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2