Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
lizbethse
Dogsey Junior
Female 

27-03-2010, 09:23 AM

New litter of puppies

Hi I am pleased to annouce Shadow has had her 1st litter of puppies (6). They all weighed between 6 and 8 ounces each, all perfect and healthy. They were born on 21/3/2010 early evening and took 3 hours to deliver them all. Sorry but have homes already for them.

Hope you like the pictures.

The first 4

Mum and puppies (6)
<
inkliveeva
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-03-2010, 10:57 AM
Oh my goodness, just beautiful, well done to mum xx
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-03-2010, 01:19 PM
Isnt the poor bitch a bit young, mated at what, 13mths or so? How very very sad, just a baby herself.
lizbethse
Dogsey Junior
Female 

27-03-2010, 01:39 PM
Excuse me Border dawn but she is 18 months old, yes a little young i agree but was bred on her 3rd season.
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-03-2010, 02:07 PM
Oh weird that, 12 weeks old in February last year makes her 16mths maximum now!! As I said poor thing, breeding from puppies.
Lozmaz
New Member!
Female 

27-03-2010, 06:30 PM
Absolutely gorgeous pups. 18 months is a nice age to breed a dog. You can breed them after 12 months of age in accordance with KC rules. You can breed them on the second or third season that way their bones are still nice and soft and you dont get any complications. Well done Lizbethse keep up the good work.
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-03-2010, 06:33 PM
Great first post Lozmaz, friend of the OP? Whats this with the soft bones? Enlighten us please.

Regards the KC rules, what they say is "accepted" is not necessarily "right" is it? Oh and those pups are nothing to do with the KC looking at the mother.
lizbethse
Dogsey Junior
Female 

27-03-2010, 06:34 PM
Thank you lozmaz, much appreciate your comments. I only put the piccies on so people could see them. She is a wonderful mum, and is very much loved.
Lozmaz
New Member!
Female 

27-03-2010, 06:41 PM
Borderdawn what I mean by soft bones is they are still supple when they are young and so can give birth easier than say a 3 year old and less risk of caesarean. I suppose you will have something to say when I breed my Bella bearing in mind that I have had loads of advice from a top pug breeder anyway who will tell you exactly the same thing. I suggest people should refrain from commenting when they dont know much about what they are talking about.
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-03-2010, 06:48 PM
If your bitch is a good example of the breed and has been assessed by knowledgable people, has been x rayed for hemi-vertibrae, luxating Patella and Hip Dysplasia (mean score around 23 which is very bad for a small dog) so well below this would be acceptable. That the dog is physically and mentally mature, then Id wish you all the success in the world.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >