Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Hevvur
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-03-2010, 09:17 AM
Originally Posted by liverbird View Post
if I knew someone (god forbid) that could possibly do something like that I would do more than name and shame them on f/b.
I wouldn't.
It's pathetic and childish and could be seen as slander.

If anything happens to me, my wishes are that my dog be PTS if my sister can't look after her.
I would rather she be PTS than someone I don't know get their hands on her. I know she wouldn't suffer that way.

I still say you don't know the full story unless you know BOTH sides - and thats from both parties, not hear say.
liverbird
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-03-2010, 01:06 PM
Originally Posted by Hevvur View Post
I wouldn't.

If anything happens to me, my wishes are that my dog be PTS if my sister can't look after her.
I would rather she be PTS than someone I don't know get their hands on her. I know she wouldn't suffer that way.

I still say you don't know the full story unless you know BOTH sides - and thats from both parties, not hear say.
just as well everyone has their own opinions then innit
ATD
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-03-2010, 04:29 PM
I wouldn't.

I would feel the same too other than I know people in rescue and I no if anything happened to me they would make sure they get a really gd home If I didn't have that I would be inclinded to have you opinion as I would hate to think if them suffering
ATD x
random
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-03-2010, 05:08 PM
Originally Posted by Tupacs2legs View Post
there must be more to this story
Exactly, even if they said he bit, no vet I know would pts a healthy 14 month pup without having him assessed by an independent party, especially if he was non-aggressive in the surgery (or acted like a normal, bouncy 14month GSD pup!).

Something doesn't add up to me. And if the vet DID do it without question, they are just as at fault and should also be named...
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

25-03-2010, 06:55 PM
Sorry, I also think theres more to it :s
Why would you name and shame on f/book? :s Thats rather childish!
Also a little vindictive don't you think!!

Originally Posted by liverbird View Post
if I knew someone (god forbid) that could possibly do something like that I would do more than name and shame them on f/b.
Face book has a lot to answer for , and to be honest what business is it of yours, to feel you have the right to name someone publicly for doing what they feel is right for their dog.

I wouldn't.

I agree, the person who put this up, does not really know what happened, just what she or he feels is an injustice, or is simply making trouble for someone.

I am with you, if for any reason my dogs where left on their own, there is provisions in my will for them to be pts, so on that basis I guess "Liver bird and her friend " would take it upon themselves to "name and shame me.

People do what they feel is right for their animals, who do these people think they are , taking it upon themselves to play judge and jury.

As has been said already, the dog may have got a new forever home, it may not , it may have ended up in rescue and in the end being pts.. its the owners business what they do with said dog.... NOT some busy body who has an axe to grind, ..
maxine
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-03-2010, 07:40 PM
I agree that this is all very unnecessary and judgemental. We don't know the full story and to berate someone on-line on a public forum based on this is potentially a criminal offence, such as Sending a Malicious Communication.
nickmcmechan
Almost a Veteran
Male 

25-03-2010, 07:49 PM
no one knows the full story, but the full story that we do have, at present, is one of someone putting a dog to sleep and it not being necessary

i think it is entirely understandable the emotional reaction to this- cal it childish, malicious, or whatever you like; to me we're being human
lozzibear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-03-2010, 01:30 AM
so sad we dont know the full story, or what the truth is but if this poor boy was only 14 months old, and PTS it is still extremely sad whatever the reasons. it is still a life lost, and such a young one at that. if what has been said is true, then those people sicken me. having a baby is no reason to have a dog PTS.
lozzibear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-03-2010, 01:32 AM
Originally Posted by Jackbox View Post
the dog may have got a new forever home, it may not , it may have ended up in rescue and in the end being pts.. its the owners business what they do with said dog.... NOT some busy body who has an axe to grind, ..
he was a he, not an it.
liverbird
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-03-2010, 01:58 AM
Originally Posted by Jackbox View Post
Also a little vindictive don't you think!!
[System edit: site in banned list] has a lot to answer for , and to be honest what business is it of yours, to feel you have the right to name someone publicly for doing what they feel is right for their dog.

IMO! it wasn't right for their dog, all he did was grumble at one of them and act boisterous.

I agree, the person who put this up, does not really know what happened, just what she or he feels is an injustice, or is simply making trouble for someone.

do you mean me or the person the put it on f/b
the Lady on f/b KNOWS the person that did this well, actually

I am with you, if for any reason my dogs where left on their own, there is provisions in my will for them to be pts, so on that basis I guess "Liver bird and her friend " would take it upon themselves to "name and shame me.

oooh now let me think about that one

People do what they feel is right for their animals, who do these people think they are , taking it upon themselves to play judge and jury.
and who are you the head honcho for the rspc flipping a

As has been said already, the dog may have got a new forever home, it may not , it may have ended up in rescue and in the end being pts.. its the owners business what they do with said dog.... NOT some busy body who has an axe to grind, ..
your poor dogs is all I can say if you kick the bucket and they are still full of life they are not allowed to live it. such a shame that their rolls cannot be reversed for them
Page 4 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >