View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
akitagirl
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-03-2010, 06:47 PM
I just want MORE dogs!!! - including a terrier and another small-ish breed. I want four altogether! Just haven't got the space or time yet
KateM
Dogsey Senior
Female 

24-03-2010, 06:58 PM
I would love to have a malamute - but it's just not practical. I don't have a big enough house, i don't have enough time and i couldn't exercise it as much as it should be exercised (i should be, cos the mal's i know are lazy and would be happy not to bother half the time!) Luckily I know enough mals to get a fix when i need one.

I adore my friends bichons, but would never own one as half the joy of them is being able to give them back - i think my spitz are manic but they aren't a patch on the bichons.
SibeVibe
Almost a Veteran
Female 

24-03-2010, 07:06 PM
Originally Posted by labradork View Post
Interesting that a lot of people are saying they like Siberians and Malamutes but are worried they couldn't give them enough exercise. I was under the impression (based on people I have spoke to on walks with these breeds) that they don't need any more exercise than most high-energy breeds; a couple of hours a day?
I would agree Sibes are experts at conserving energy. Usually on your couch, in front of your fire, on your bed or at your feet

At times I would struggle to descibe my lot as 'high energy', they're a pretty chilled out lot

If I had to choose a small breed to live with it would be a Border Terrier. Larger breeds would have to be a Border Collie, Rott, CSV, Boxer or a West Siberian Laika.

Take care.

Seoniad.
Kerryowner
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-03-2010, 04:41 PM
I would like a Bichon Frise as Parker loves my sister's bitch who is really sweet and low energy just wants to sit on your lap and cuddle all day! I couldn't cope with the colour of the coat and how near to the ground they are though-not suitable for our country walks I think.
I also met someone on the park with one and she said she wouldn't have had it if she had realised how dirty they get, she's always brushing and bathing it.
spaznchevy
Dogsey Senior
Female 

25-03-2010, 04:59 PM
I would own a Cane Corso but their so hard to get ahold of but maybe one day i'll own one
x-clo-x
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-03-2010, 06:08 PM
Originally Posted by spaznchevy View Post
I would own a Cane Corso but their so hard to get ahold of but maybe one day i'll own one
they arent that hard to get here, theres quite a few in rescue in fact, my friend (also the woman i got my crested off) is fostering one called redders, but i think hes there to stay really, because hes just settled in so well
tink
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-03-2010, 06:51 PM
Originally Posted by EGYPTGAL View Post
Bloodhounds, but don't think i could cope with their fantastic sense of smell, already have 2 beagles who can turn deaf if they come across a strong scent, deer are their fave .Also they dribble lots and are very big Maybe one day.In a bigger house......Hubby likes otter hounds also big and will try to get to water to swim,have also heard they have a strong smell about them: Perhaps we need to add a lake into that new property!!!
Bloodhounds for me too But i'd need a bigger house and budget !
muttzrule
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-03-2010, 07:47 AM
I would love an Irish Wolfhound, but the giant breeds put me off because of the health issues and short lifespan. I would also love a husky or malamute but because I live in texas where its hot ten months out of the year, I'm afriad I wouldn't be able to give them the exercise they need without also giving them heat stroke. Would also love a GSD, but will probably never own one due to the declining health and (here at least) temperament of the breed. Shame really.
Tupacs2legs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-03-2010, 09:57 AM
Originally Posted by muttzrule View Post
I would love an Irish Wolfhound, but the giant breeds put me off because of the health issues and short lifespan. I would also love a husky or malamute but because I live in texas where its hot ten months out of the year, I'm afriad I wouldn't be able to give them the exercise they need without also giving them heat stroke. Would also love a GSD, but will probably never own one due to the declining health and (here at least) temperament of the breed. Shame really.
sibes have no prob in the heat...they just go a bit 'nakid' lol..my jet black kaos loves to sunbathe...and the excerise thing?...they can soo be couch potatos
kirstya72
Dogsey Senior
Female 

26-03-2010, 10:03 AM
Have always wanted an Irish Wolfhound (or two) but they would take up the house
Page 4 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >