View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Loki's mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-03-2010, 04:02 PM
I love Pugs, but they have too many health issues for my liking. I said I would never have a Mal, as they need too much exercise, but, famous last words, we are looking into getting one next year, and the OH is planning to work it.
EgyptGal
Almost a Veteran
Female 

24-03-2010, 04:10 PM
Bloodhounds, but don't think i could cope with their fantastic sense of smell, already have 2 beagles who can turn deaf if they come across a strong scent, deer are their fave .Also they dribble lots and are very big Maybe one day.In a bigger house......Hubby likes otter hounds also big and will try to get to water to swim,have also heard they have a strong smell about them: Perhaps we need to add a lake into that new property!!!
tazer
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-03-2010, 04:30 PM
Pitbull/amstaff.

Only because of the dda. I'd be worried it would get siezed if I got one now.

Staffies being the smallest breed I'd own, so anything smaller then those. I've got nothing against small dogs btw, I just prefer larger ones.

Sibs/mals, I'm notsure if I could meet their exercise requirements.
labradork
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-03-2010, 05:04 PM
Interesting that a lot of people are saying they like Siberians and Malamutes but are worried they couldn't give them enough exercise. I was under the impression (based on people I have spoke to on walks with these breeds) that they don't need any more exercise than most high-energy breeds; a couple of hours a day?
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-03-2010, 05:04 PM
I would love a Newfie, but apart from the fact I could never afford the purchase price, the size of them for me to manage now I am older and the fact thier lives are not really that long, stops me.
I would also love a springer or cocker spaniel but realistically I need quieter dogs these days and wouldn't be able to give them the best to mentally keep them happy.
Anne-Marie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-03-2010, 05:07 PM
Yup - Black Russian Terrier - way too big!
scorpio
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-03-2010, 05:08 PM
I would love a Newfie, a Pyrenean or a Great Dane.

Apart from the size issue, (Clive has only just got used to having a Setter in the house ), I worry dreadfully that they are not long lived and I never feel I have enough time with those I've had...it sounds really selfish I know, but that is the only thing that would put me off having one
Anne-Marie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-03-2010, 05:10 PM
Originally Posted by Murf View Post
I would love a french bulldog but alas unless i get lucky with the lotto numbers i will never afford one...
You can cyber-share Lola if you like!!

Originally Posted by youngstevie View Post
For me Rotti's I personally love the breed but I think Hubby would have to go first he's slightly better but still not 100% and he still insists that they get fat
Well, they will if they're over-fed and under-exercised, like any other dog!! Show him pics of Marius and ask if he looks fat

Happy to cyber-share Marius too - LOL, I sound like pimp-a-pet!!
Petticoat
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-03-2010, 06:34 PM
I would love a greyhound, but at the moment whilst I have my rabbits and piggies it can't happen I have even seen a few I like and made enquiries, but they have too high a prey drive for me to risk!
I would also LOVE a Rhodesian Ridgeback and have done for about 20 years now... but not sure if they would like my nutty boys.
hectorsmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-03-2010, 06:40 PM
Originally Posted by Loki's mum View Post
Dan and Rio would like you to know that they only need 10mins brushing per week!!!!
Yep Hector too

Leonbergers do have a 10-12yr lifespan, dont drool, are agile and will walk for miles or just a quick run over the fields will surfice.
They also dont suffer any more hereditary problems than any other pedigree

They are an all round dog.

my family want a pug BUT i wouldnt because i dont want to make my vet any richer and be on his xmas card list
Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >