View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
x-clo-x
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-03-2010, 12:56 PM
see i like huskeys and malamutes but couldnt have on because of the excercise they need.

i like the big dogs like bullmastiffs but i know they are too strong for me.

i also like collies, and even though they arent a never choice, i dont know if i would have one because they are just so intelligent and need alot of exercise then it would depend on how often i was at home... sont know why collies are growing on me... but they are
Murf
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

24-03-2010, 01:42 PM
I would love a french bulldog but alas unless i get lucky with the lotto numbers i will never afford one...
malwhit
Dogsey Junior
Male 

24-03-2010, 02:03 PM
Originally Posted by Luckypirate View Post
I'd love a Manchester Terrier, but as they're a vulnerable native breed they're pretty hard to get hold of. If I'm lucky I will though, so not really a 'never' breed.
I also really like the Northern breeds (Malamutes especially) but I would never take on the responsibilty of a dog that needs so much exercise. I've met a few underexercised Mals and man are they crazy.
I had a Manchester Terrier and it's a breed I would never own again. He was my only regret with all the dogs I have owned - being nervous, snappy, hyperactive and a total fruitcake. I don't think (or hope) he was typical of the breed - if he was, they are rare for a reason!

The one breed I would love to own is a Newfoundland - the only problem being is that they are bigger than my living room and would not be able to turn around in the hall
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-03-2010, 02:17 PM
For me Rotti's I personally love the breed but I think Hubby would have to go first he's slightly better but still not 100% and he still insists that they get fat

Also Great Danes, but as they do not have the greatest of life span and far too big for this house, then no.
Moli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-03-2010, 02:44 PM
I have always love Border Collies, they are just so clever, but my lifestyle just would not suit one....
random
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-03-2010, 03:01 PM
A Mally or a Husky. x
Mother*ship
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-03-2010, 03:21 PM
Originally Posted by labradork View Post
I really like Giant breeds (Newfies, Great Danes, etc.) but realistically, probably wouldn't ever own one. Their lifespans are too short for me and there would be practicalities due to their size. My house feels kind of cramped as it is and I don't have a big enough car. Also, I'd worry that one might accidentally hurt Tilly (Yorkie) and I don't think they would be compatible with Bo (extremely high energy). They also tend to be more on the lazy side so I could potentially have the saga of doing more separate walks to accommodate that.
That pretty much sums up why I will never get my Irish Wolfhound! House and car too small, already have 2 small dogs and one high energy one.

J.
fluffymummy
Dogsey Senior
Female 

24-03-2010, 03:36 PM
Would love huskies, but I don't think I could give them what they need exercise wise and would worry if they are too hot etc. I also like Old English Sheepdog, but their lifespan is so short, and I'd quite like Barbet, but they are really rare. This is obviously even if I had bigger house/car...
jade_436743
New Member!
Female 

24-03-2010, 03:49 PM
Afghan hounds are gorgeous but I dont think I would keep on top of the grooming.
Loki's mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-03-2010, 04:00 PM
Originally Posted by IsoChick View Post
I love larger dogs like Leonbergers, Estrelas etc, but honestly couldn't be bothered with the brushing and grooming!
Dan and Rio would like you to know that they only need 10mins brushing per week!!!!
Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »