Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
x-clo-x
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-03-2010, 11:35 AM

Is there one?

is there a breed of dog that you absolutely love, but know you would never own one?

if so why wouldnt you own it?

theres loads i like but know i couldnt own one...
wilbar
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-03-2010, 11:50 AM
Anything smaller than my cats! Being a bit clumsy I'd be too frightened of treading on it.
jesterjenn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-03-2010, 11:55 AM
I LOVE Staffs, but hubby is dead against them, so we'll never own them unfortunately

He used to be dead against Rotties too which are another of my fave breeds, but he has come round a little more to them, so hopefully in the future we will have one
Luckypirate
Dogsey Senior
Female 

24-03-2010, 12:08 PM
I'd love a Manchester Terrier, but as they're a vulnerable native breed they're pretty hard to get hold of. If I'm lucky I will though, so not really a 'never' breed.
I also really like the Northern breeds (Malamutes especially) but I would never take on the responsibilty of a dog that needs so much exercise. I've met a few underexercised Mals and man are they crazy.
Tupacs2legs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-03-2010, 12:09 PM
no .... cos the breed i thought i could never own in a million years,and wanted so so much, i live with now!!!
tara8t8
Dogsey Junior
Female 

24-03-2010, 12:13 PM
A boxer, i think they are gorgeous, but they dribble too much!
IsoChick
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-03-2010, 12:16 PM
Originally Posted by tara8t8 View Post
A boxer, i think they are gorgeous, but they dribble too much!
Max and Murphy would like you to know that they don't dribble at all
IsoChick
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-03-2010, 12:17 PM
I love larger dogs like Leonbergers, Estrelas etc, but honestly couldn't be bothered with the brushing and grooming!
labradork
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-03-2010, 12:17 PM
I really like Giant breeds (Newfies, Great Danes, etc.) but realistically, probably wouldn't ever own one. Their lifespans are too short for me and there would be practicalities due to their size. My house feels kind of cramped as it is and I don't have a big enough car. Also, I'd worry that one might accidentally hurt Tilly (Yorkie) and I don't think they would be compatible with Bo (extremely high energy). They also tend to be more on the lazy side so I could potentially have the saga of doing more separate walks to accommodate that.
Emax
Dogsey Junior
Female 

24-03-2010, 12:50 PM
Due to having to work long hours a Malamute, I just wouldn't be able to give one the exercise they need.

Due to the size of my house a real giant dog (put real giant as my boy is a DDB but he forgot to grow only 36KG that may have been why his original owners got rid!).

But then I said I never have a DDB because of the drool but I have learnt to love it
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 > Last »