View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
muttzrule
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-03-2010, 07:40 AM
Emma, I'm glad at least you have a diagnosis now. I know its frustrating not getting the results sooner, and now having to wait for meds, but it sounds like these vets have really gone out of their way for you in the past.

Have you thought about ordering the meds online? You might be able to get them faster that way. I don't know if you have online animal pharmacies in Australia like we have here, but if so its worth a go.

I feel you on the diet issue. I'm having to try a novel protein with Moxie - they suggested venison or bison?? Now where am I supposed to get that? Our dogs do eat better than we do don't they!

Hugs to scratch. Hopefully he will be back to his full fluffy glory soon!
Emma
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-03-2010, 09:50 AM
Originally Posted by muttzrule View Post
Emma, I'm glad at least you have a diagnosis now. I know its frustrating not getting the results sooner, and now having to wait for meds, but it sounds like these vets have really gone out of their way for you in the past.

Have you thought about ordering the meds online? You might be able to get them faster that way. I don't know if you have online animal pharmacies in Australia like we have here, but if so its worth a go.

I feel you on the diet issue. I'm having to try a novel protein with Moxie - they suggested venison or bison?? Now where am I supposed to get that? Our dogs do eat better than we do don't they!

Hugs to scratch. Hopefully he will be back to his full fluffy glory soon!
Thanks Rachael,
Your right they have been so good, and finally a result, I am pretty sure we don't have online animal pharmacies here but will have a look-see. I would love for his coat to improve especially now winter is coming and his skin look better, looking forward to starting his treatment, so impatient
Venison or bison does sound like a novel protein
They sure do eat better than us, and it takes just as long to prepare his concoction of food.
Freyja
Dogsey Senior
Female 

20-03-2010, 10:18 AM
I'm so glad you now have a diagnosis for Scratch's problems.

Did your vet give you a reason for not having small enough tablets for him? If they had run out and simply not reordered them then I would say to complain as that is not IMO not acceptable and whoever is responsible for reording stocks she be held responsible. I know they would probably not be able to have a stock of every avaiable drug but surely they could have got you some from another vet that did have them.

I would also say my vet has always told me if I'm not happy with something then to tell them. They can't do anything about it if they don't know about it. My vet was ill in hospital when I had a litter of whippets dew claws removed. Of 8 pups 5 had their dew claws grow back. I complained to the vet and although most had gone as pets so not a problem he removed them from my Simba free of charge then sacked the locum who removed them even though he had worked with him for 5 years. Not just because we complained several others complained too.
Emma
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-03-2010, 12:50 PM
Originally Posted by Freyja View Post
I'm so glad you now have a diagnosis for Scratch's problems.

Did your vet give you a reason for not having small enough tablets for him? If they had run out and simply not reordered them then I would say to complain as that is not IMO not acceptable and whoever is responsible for reording stocks she be held responsible. I know they would probably not be able to have a stock of every avaiable drug but surely they could have got you some from another vet that did have them.

I would also say my vet has always told me if I'm not happy with something then to tell them. They can't do anything about it if they don't know about it. My vet was ill in hospital when I had a litter of whippets dew claws removed. Of 8 pups 5 had their dew claws grow back. I complained to the vet and although most had gone as pets so not a problem he removed them from my Simba free of charge then sacked the locum who removed them even though he had worked with him for 5 years. Not just because we complained several others complained too.
me too, thank you.
I think you are right they won't know unless I say something, I just don't want it too come out too harshly.
I didn't ask the reason they had none in stock but my guess is that he is 4.1 kg and I was reading most dogs with thyroid issues are medium to large breeds so that may be a reason and again we are a small town, there are 3 vets in town, one I wouldn't take a stray cat to, one I have never been to but I think they don't share very well and not sure they would have the medication anyway, as the one I go to has the most comprehensive medical facilities, it may not sound like it at the moment but it is the truth.
lozzibear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-03-2010, 01:05 AM
oh emma, i know what you are like when they need to go to the vet, especially scratch. i hope you were ok, and glad you have a diagnosis. hopefully now you can get him all sorted and you can chill and relax about your gorgeous boy! (((hugs)))
Emma
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-03-2010, 01:24 AM
Originally Posted by lozzibear View Post
oh emma, i know what you are like when they need to go to the vet, especially scratch. i hope you were ok, and glad you have a diagnosis. hopefully now you can get him all sorted and you can chill and relax about your gorgeous boy! (((hugs)))
To many people know what I am like when I take Scratch to the vet the actual appt went so well until they did his anal glands and ater that he started shaking, I almost cried , then it was the blood test, and we were off. I am a bit mad at myself for letting things start to be 'oh it will be negative again and didn't think too much of it especially since they didn't call and the nurse saying they would have called if it was anything drastic, to me it was drastic when it came back low and finally (fingers crossed) got an answer and then waiting (I really dont do waiting well) oh well lesson learnt and roll on Thursday, when the medication comes.
Thanks Lauren
Emma
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-03-2010, 05:56 AM
Thought I was getting Scratch's thyroid medication today, but no, the company they get them from didn't have any in stock either, so now they came into stock today and will be here tomorrow, as it was the company's fault for not having them so they are willing to deliver them to the vets tomorrow.
I really don't do waiting well
Benzmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-03-2010, 06:29 AM
Aw Emma its never ending for you. Sending you hugs tomorrow will bve here soon (for you!) and thenyou can start the treatment with the little guy
Hali
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-03-2010, 07:55 AM
Aww, hun. At least they're prepared to make a special delivery of it so you didn't have to wait a full week.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

25-03-2010, 08:26 AM
What a dilemma you have had Emma.

I am glad to hear Scratch has been diagnosed one less worry for you but I do think you have been treated badly.

If the bloods they do are in house you should get a result within a couple of hours we did with our cat. The Nurse going off should not of made any difference, there must be other people qualified to read results over the phone to you, it doesn't matter whether they think its urgent or not to us it always urgent and we want to know.

With regard to the medication that sounds bad also and now having to wait again. I understand they have been good with keeping on with the testing and you wanting to stay with them especially if they are the best of a bad bunch, but maybe you need to politely say you were a little disappointed with the way it has been handled.

Anyway I am glad you ow know what is going on and I hope the medication arrives when said and Scratch will soon be feeling a lot better. (((Hugs))).
Page 4 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >